Obama....just another Chicago Politician

Peter_Puget

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you're just jealous peter. if you had a candidate with as much charisma that supported your bizarre and twisted view of the world, you would be gushing all day about it. but instead all they could muster for you is gramps and his derailed straight talking express.

but he does look younger with these cool shades!

mccain.jpg

whomever wins this fall will be smarter than the current office holder.

Experience may be exactly what we DON'T want.

This is one of the most nonsensical statements yet, with regard to candidate selection.

What is this love-affair/obsession with career politicians? By the people, of the people, dude. Our founding fathers didn't have any intention that only career politicians should lead the country. In fact, their intentions were quite the opposite.

Oh, and you're dumb.

Barack Obama is getting called out again for his knowledge of history, including his own family’s, after declaring to veterans on Memorial Day that his uncle helped liberate the Auschwitz death camp at the end of World War II.

everyone makes minor mistakes when speaking. big f'ing deal.

if he said "i have a relative who helped liberate a Nazi death camp at the end of WWII," he would have been perfectly correct.

I actually admired mccain until I witnessed him publicly kissing w's ass while campaigning for him in the '04 election campaign. Anybody that can do that after what w did to him in 2000 is a pure polititian and nothing more.

Can't stand the sight of him now...

He's to old and to dumb to be president. 4 more years of the same shit? I don't think so.

I'll take my chances with the obviously intelligent, articulate senator from Illinois.

d

Barack Obama is getting called out again for his knowledge of history, including his own family’s, after declaring to veterans on Memorial Day that his uncle helped liberate the Auschwitz death camp at the end of World War II.

Two problems with the tale: Auschwitz was liberated by the Soviet Army, and Obama’s American mother was an only child.

Speaking in Las Cruces, N.M., on Monday, the Democratic presidential candidate said he did not serve, but comes from a family that did sacrifice for the nation. He was speaking about the many members of the military who suffer post traumatic stress disorder and should be given better care.

“I had a uncle who was one of the, who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps and the story in our family is that when he came home, he just went up into the attic and he didn’t leave the house for six months, right. Now obviously something had really affected him deeply but at that time there just weren’t the kinds of facilities to help somebody work through that kind of pain,” he said.

You believe everything you read?

Experience may be exactly what we DON'T want.

This is one of the most nonsensical statements yet, with regard to candidate selection.

What is this love-affair/obsession with career politicians? By the people, of the people, dude. Our founding fathers didn't have any intention that only career politicians should lead the country. In fact, their intentions were quite the opposite.

Oh, and you're dumb.

Thanks for the insult. Anyway, call me crazy, but I prefer to hire someone with experience at the job for which they are applying. Would you apply mattp's criteria when searching for a cardiologist or oncologist?

Here's another wedge of lime for you Kool-Aid: The moveon.org types claim that GWB is dumb and only got into Yale because of his father. Well, Obama is black. Could we not also say that he is stupid and only got into Harvard due to Affirmative Action? I think I just did.

So far, rob, this has been an okay discussion; please keep your insults to yourself.

everyone makes minor mistakes when speaking. big f'ing deal.

if he said "i have a relative who helped liberate a Nazi death camp at the end of WWII," he would have been perfectly correct.

In others words: had he said something different......

:o

How about those M's late night but well worth it! Wish I hadn't sold tonight's tickets....

Well, Obama is black. Could we not also say that he is stupid and only got into Harvard due to Affirmative Action? I think I just did.

Is that your official position? Obama is dumb and only got into Harvard cause he's black?

I was just being facetious about the "you're dumb" thing because these arguments are so childish. But now I wonder :noway:

Would you apply mattp's criteria when searching for a cardiologist or oncologist?

Just what criteria is that?

I don't think I'd search for a cardiologist that was so old and frail he might collapse on the operating table, who wants to sell me all the latest heart pumps from the company he has owned stock in for 50 years whether they will be good for me or not, and who freely acknowleges that he hasn't bothered to learn about the pulmonary troubles that accompany my heart condition.

Well, Obama is black. Could we not also say that he is stupid and only got into Harvard due to Affirmative Action? I think I just did.

Is that your official position? Obama is dumb and only got into Harvard cause he's black?

I was just being facetious about the "you're dumb" thing because these arguments are so childish. But now I wonder :noway:

My official position? No, I was just throwing that out there for free. Although, it would be a tough argument to say that he DIDN'T get in based on Affirmative Action.