[TR] Black Peak-Ski descent - South Ridge 5/26/200

wayne

Trip: Black Peak-Ski descent - South Ridge

Date: 5/26/2008

Trip Report:

During the Ski-in, David Parker and I had revenge on a route that shut us down a few years ago. Making it even sweeter, we were able to ski off of it from just below its summit. It was great to hook up with him again!

P1050001.JPG

Enjoying the 5th annual Ski-in Party. Attending were The Keg,David, me, Robin,Eva, Brian, Fern, Julia, Kellie,Kurt, Ryan, and Monica

After yet another amazing group meal , we took off sunday in a packed car with Kellie, Kurt, Robin, David, and Myself.

P1040966.JPG

Black peak had its avalanche issues though there were slopes that not all of us wanted to cross.These slides went all the way to the ground, just like the ones in Whistler.THey may have gone off during the last hot weekend.

P1040967.JPG

Racing a storm cloud David and I took off for the summit making it up in 5 hours. The weather ended up not being an issue though. It was worse to the East of all places. It rained every night in Mazama. It was just fine in the mountains Saturday and Sunday.

P1040973.JPG

The view was all they said it would be.

P1040984.JPG

The ski down was deep up high but the lower we got the more firm it was . We had a great run. Amazing how fast you can get down on skis. Before we knew it Robin was nursing us back with beer at the car. Stoked for the coming season! WayneP1040975.JPG

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic