Skiing in the sisters this weekend

sparverius

I was planning on going into the sisters this weekend for some skiing, but my partners bailed at the last minute. Had hoped for camping at Pole creek tonight (or 2 miles from pole creek according to the ranger), skiing into Camp Lake tomorrow and skiing the SE ridge on sunday. If conditions are unstable I'll opt for the hayden glacier instead. I'll be driving from Corvallis.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we got a CC party out there. Letsroll and myself will be headed out tomorrow unless it's still pouring rain. He camped up there last night and was gonna go in this morning, but it's really wet. 3-5" of new snow about 5500 ft. The SE ridge will sluff as soon as it warms up. Thayer is out due to avy danger as well. I'm sure the Hayden will be fine, just warmed up powder.

We're most likely gonna avoid the slog to Camp Lake and camp at the base of Hayden, much easier and you just climb up and over Middle to do the SE ridge.

see you out there. Oh yeah, if you have clearance you can make it to the TH. If not you can get within 1+ mile before you hit the snowdrifts. I punched through with a Suburban this morning.

Super wet and shitty up there right now.

JL

JL

I wouldn't worry that much about it sliding, not really a terrain trap or anything. It could sluff if it's loaded, but rarely does it load up high. But that's why it's such a sought after CORN run, which i don't think it will be. Most likely warmed up mushy powder with all this precip.

I may wait until Sunday to go check it out.

you fucker, that's where i shoulda went.

I ended up going in later Sunday, passed numerous vehicles coming out all soggy. Never really got rained on, but hung out with overnight gear at the base of North Sister for A LONG time waiting to see if it was gonna clear. Snow was absolute mank, needed clearing to set it up. Never could see the summits so i bailed and went and saw Modest Mouse, great show.

JL