Choada_Boy

Obama\Hillary Ticket  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Obama\Hillary Ticket

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything about HRC screams "vote for McCain!" President, VP, dogcatcher...in any capacity in the presidential race she guarantees a McCain presidency. An acquaintance says she is a closet Republican out to destroy the Democratic party, the theory being that the longer she fights Obama the stronger McCain gets.

Hillary knows this is her big - and probably only - chance. The presidency is ripe for the pickings for the Dem's, and she doesn't want to back out with such an easy victory in sight. If Obama runs as pres, it's looking like he'll win. Hillary could have to wait 8 years for her next shot, and then she'll be way past her prime, and pushing McCain's age.

Oh bullshit. A democrat with half a brain is not going to vote for Grampa McCain just because Clinton doesn't quit on cue.

All I said was, McCain is getting stronger while Obama and Clinton are occupied with each other. My friend’s eye is on non-party-aligned voters. She has always assumed self-described Dems would vote for whoever was that party’s candidate.

However, part of HRC’s demographic might jump to McCain easier than to Obama. See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/09/AR2008050902173.html:

“The McCain campaign figures some of her supporters might be up for grabs and won't necessarily vote Democratic in the general election in November.”

“ ‘…if you look at the blue-collar Democratic votes that Mrs. Clinton's been getting and then look at their opinions of Obama in these public polls, there's clearly an opportunity for McCain.’ "

Obama has nowhere to go but d o w n. The mystique will disappear and McCain will win--as long as he doesn't chose a total bonehead for a VP.

Don't be so sure. I saw McCain doddering around on TV last night acting all old and decrepit like. Furthermore, recently McCain has pitched like a pandering political tool and fool with his nonsensical jackassed gas tax vacation idea, while Obama - on the same issue and despite being attacked on it, has acted intelligently, responsibly and like a true leader... ..presidential if you will. Regardless, I think that the physical differences between Obama and McCain will be striking when they are debating.

So regardless of who Obama picks, and it appears to be anyone but Hillary, anyone voting for McCain will most likely be looking very closely at his VP pic as the next possible highly probable President.

Obama has nowhere to go but d o w n. The mystique will disappear and McCain will win--as long as he doesn't chose a total bonehead for a VP.

GOPers were angry at the Confused Angry Old Man when they learned he didn't vote for Bush . . . they'll be really mad when they find out he didn't vote for Lincoln, either.

I think the Obama\McCain race will be interesting once Hillary drops out.

McCain has said he would not go negative in his campaign. I suspect that given the harsh treatment he received from Bushie during the '00 primaries, he might well stick to that pledge.

While I can't say for certain, my guess is that Obama might do the same.

Could be wrong in either case, but it would be really really nice to actually have a campaign where two candidates treated each other with some degree of sincere respect and debated the issues.

My sense is that the American public is damn near full of the slick rhetoric that passes for campaigning these days. Cheap platitudes ring hollow when the economy is wheezing along.

Then again, I can't really recall a presidential race that didn't denigrate into some mud slinging. Pipe dream I guess.

McCain has said he would not go negative in his campaign. I suspect that given the harsh treatment he received from Bushie during the '00 primaries, he might well stick to that pledge. While I can't say for certain, my guess is that Obama might do the same.

This reminds me of 6th grade x-country races. I was pretty even in ability with Peter Gallup, a total prick. We'd each won several races and had become rivals. As we ran along in one race, Peter suggested we take it easy and come across the line at the same time to tie. I held back and he surged in the last 10 meters and won that race. The next time out we agreed to tie again, and I blew his lying ass off the map.

Playing nice doesn't work in politics either. The party faithful want to see the dirt. So what happens is they form these separate groups (PACs? I don't recall the legal term) that put out nasty ads on the other party's candidate. Witness swiftboater smear campaign a few years back.

Oh, those ads don't have anything to do with me that was somebody else. Right, and the pope never gets a hard-on.