WTB: Overboots, Sleeping bag VBL, ect

Reid

I figure someone around here probably bought these for a trip to Alaska and wouldn't mind parting with them. I wear a size 11 boot. The vapor barrier liner would preferably be cheap or a beater 'cause it's not something I want to use but want to bring in case my bag starts losing loft.

This is of course for a trip to Denali, so if you have other gear that you just don't use since your Denali trip but found useful, let me know. Maybe a duffel bag (for the sled and travel), 5000+ ci pack, stuff/compression sacks...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Where'd you get the high-density foam?

I need some for some insulated gaiters I have that have open-cell foam (open-cell is for step-in crampons, and closed-cell is for strap-on/hybrid. The closed-cell is to prevent so much compression that they no longer have any insulating value).

I asked Marmot, FF, and OR, and nobody could tell me where to get some I could cut to size.

Bleh, I'm retarded... I was at the Outdoor Research Sale in Seattle, not MSR.... anyhow, the sales guys just threw in the foam, they had tons of it laying around.

Another thing you can do If you cant find uncut high density is get a sleeping pad made of some foam that is higher density then that open cell crap (not too hard) and cut inserts the same size as the open-cell. I bet the blue foam sleeping pads sold at REI would work, it's not high density but its better than the open cell stuff. One thing though, cramming the high density stuff into the pockets is kind of a bear, you really need to man handle it. But it will fit eventually, don't fall to the temptation of cutting it smaller then the open cell foam to make it easier.