little brother is watching

ashw_justin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7387755.stm

Looks that evil left-biased news media is at it again, showing 'footage' of police 'brutality.' :rolleyes:

Maybe FOX and her fanboys will come through and save the day by praising such professional heroism in the line of duty, and pointing out how much incredible restraint is shown in that the enemy were not shot 50 times, [HYPERBOLE ALERT FOR ROB ET AL!] per standard response to threatening black men in vehicles.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sick. How many cops does it take to detain 3 men? It will be interesting to see what the fallout is from this.

BTW, were they black men? I didn't see that in the article. I wonder what the back story is?

The driver looks to be cowering and covering his head as they kick the shit out of him.

Last sentence: "police told him (the attorney for the 3 guys) all three men would be charged with aggravated assault."

Ouch. This is gonna cost Philly some serious money. BTW, bet most of us have been beat worse than that and didn't collect a nickel. Sh*t, once I had watermelon head so bad that shocked people were still taking pics of me 3 days after I'd gained consciousness and finally got out of the hospital.

But seriously though, if the officers really witnessed these guys shooting people, I'm surprised that they are even alive. The police would have been totally justified in taking these guys down in the act.

All of the cheap shots in the video are incredibly unnecessary and unprofessional though. Cops can't be thugs. They have to be better than that.

It's stuff like this incident that lends some credibility to what people like Jeremiah Wright say. And, I can't really say if it's a self-feeding cycle. Someone in that community says something to incite resistance and so on, it continues as an engrained social pattern.

As far as police brutality, you can take steps to minimize it but i believe that it'll always happen. For one, maybe Internal Affairs is a joke and every incident should have outside review by another law enforcement agency. But maybe this suggested approach is ridiculous if, for instance, this incident is the tip of an iceberg and there actually are more cases which are similar but involve other devices such as tasers. Is brutuality simply institualized as the raw exercising of power? Has torture been given more legimitacy by John "Torture Memo" Yoo and others?