[TR] Liberty Bell - 5/3/2008

Trip: Liberty Bell -

Date: 5/3/2008

Trip Report:

On Saturday Ivan and I drove up to WA Pass to check Liberty Bell out. Weather was coming in, so we opted for a run up the Beckey Route.

The weather came in.

Wet rock, frozen fingers, big boots = big fun:

2472749492_40b8a62d49.jpg

2471926111_c95292cf51.jpg

2472749626_0bd957a9ef.jpg

2472749404_4799255007.jpg

2472749868_f7396e65bf.jpg

Looking down at the col

2471926171_e1cfc0b0b8.jpg

Party’s over

The next day we climbed on Goat Wall in perfect sunshine.

2472800072_de2e441a6a.jpg

Catkin with ant

Gear Notes:

My mini ski bindings blew out = posthole descent:(

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tvash = tr generating machine

saying "we opted for a run up the beckey route" though was a charitable way of saying "we parked at the big cleared space by the hairpin and so started uphill way too early and found ourselves right below the serp crack on the west face after a sustained bout of xTrEmE snowshoeing and therefore decided, ah what the hell, who wanted to do something hard in a spirited snow squall anyway?"

i remember feeling a faint twinge of The Fear at the last belay, as the rock and soaked lichen was pulsing w/ water from the melting snow - it seemed like the perfect verglas generator if only the temps had dipped a few degrees - at any rate, it cleared up for the walk down in the twilight.

what the macroscopic pic of the ant leaves blurry in the background is me sitting around drinking top shelf bourbon on the dusty ground for an hour while ansel adams squatted over every speck of dirt like some deranged, malformed sumo wrestler :) no worries, after a dip in the icy river i was very content, so long as our neighbors devil-dog kept its distance :P

• 4 weeks later...
I climbed perfect granite in sunny weather all day with a 5 minute approach and a 10 minute commute. Same tomorrow, same on monday.

Kinda makes me miss that shit

what about my sunday of climbing slick rock in the cloud murk through thickets of dense poison oak?