Good multi-day ski trips?

I was wondering if anyone has any info on any multi-day ski trip off off hwy 20? I just spent three nights up near Silver Star Mountain and had a blast. I'm looking for a trip that includes glacier travel and skiing with an initial approach of around 6 miles or less.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eldorado/Klawatti is nice. It sounds like you want a base camp and day climbs. That trip works well. If you have time you can throw in a tour over toward the Triad. Not a base camp trip, but the Shuksan/Icy/Ruth traverse looks very nice. I have not done that one though. The area around Lake Ann/Rainy Pass would be worthy of exploration over a few days. A trip to Black Peak and touring around Lake Ann could fill the time easily.

How much snow is on the ground at Colonial Creek right now? If there is 3' or more, it is an easy schwack to open slopes below the Colonial Glacier and much easier than heading up the Pyramid Lake approach. I don't know what it is like after the snow is gone. (This is a short trip for a multi-day tour, though.)