Climbing Partners for Rainier - July with novice

Hello fellow climbers,

I am from Toronto working out of Bellevue for the next 6 months or more. I want to take advantage while I'm here and summit Rainier with my brother. I have climbed other 14,000ers in the Alps but my brother (we are both aged ~30) has limited experience but is in excellent physical condition. I am looking for people to rope up to with a group of about 4-6 to go up DC in July and putting my brother in the middle of the rope.

I am also interested in some practice climbs starting May 24th which I will put a separate post up for.

Can't wait. Rainier here we come!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy there pdx. He seems to be honest in presenting his and his brothers skill level. If you're going to introduce someone to glacier travel, the middle of the rope is the place to do it. But I should hope that the practice climbs would be done with the Rainier team to assess your new partner's skill level and competence.

I am 100% hoping to assess skill levels and do practice climbs as Reid suggests. I need to find the team first! I'm Hoping this forum is the place.

Bapsdds I would love to meet you for some learning. I sent you a PM about it.

Still looking for teammates

Good Luck Mike...I've been trying to team up with someone...anyone!! for Rainier. I'll be up there July 3-7. No....I've never climbed Rainier, but I'm not a novice to climbing either. Anyone seriously interested, call me...760.752.1467 (san diego). The only skill I don't have is crevasse skills, but I can belay anyone, I can certainly climb up a rope w/ my ascenders, I've climbed in all seasons, all terrains. I'll probably end up in the parking lot at Paradise with a sign that says "will climb for food" Its so hard to find a climbing partner, or partners in this forum....hopefully, I'll hear something from somebody by June at this rate.

~rik