'Cops don't kill kids--toy guns kill kids.'

ashw_justin

The constitutional relation between state and federal gov't being what it is, it is not legally possible for a federal agency to recognize a state-issued permit.
If this were true, then the federal gov't would not recognize your drivers license as a valid form of ID on your I9 or to get your passport.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you favor the push by Congressman Crapo (R-Idaho)?

No. I give the greatest weight to the Park Service argument that it will lead to more poaching and other wasting of animals. Hunting is prohibited in National Parks, and there are much better ways to avoid bear problems than being macho man with a .44 on your hip.

Poachers, like all criminals, are not going to be affected one iota by this, or any, law.

The constitutional relation between state and federal gov't being what it is, it is not legally possible for a federal agency to recognize a state-issued permit.
If this were true, then the federal gov't would not recognize your drivers license as a valid form of ID on your I9 or to get your passport.

Edited by builder206

Airsoft hunting is gaining popularity, I'm considering booking a 10 day airsoft combined moose/ brown bear hunt in Alaska.

make sure you pick the uzi version. nothing beats the rush of peppering a grizzly in the face with one of these bad boys down at the city dump.

uzi.jpg

Do you think toy guns are a good thing for children to play with?

Sounds like a simple yes or no answer doesn't it? It depends.

I don't believe a toy gun in itself is bad. Just like I don't believe an air rifle (like Red Ryders) is bad. It takes some judgment on the part of the parents and their ability to instill good judgment and sense in their children.

I am a believer in responsible gun ownership and that includes teaching your child to properly use and manage a firearm.

Do you think toy guns are a good thing for children to play with?

Sounds like a simple yes or no answer doesn't it? It depends.

I don't believe a toy gun in itself is bad. Just like I don't believe an air rifle (like Red Ryders) is bad. It takes some judgment on the part of the parents and their ability to instill good judgment and sense in their children.

I am a believer in responsible gun ownership and that includes teaching your child to properly use and manage a firearm.

I like your perspective. My cousin bought toy guns for his daughters (who all subsequently learned to shoot). The rule was they could play with them, but if they pointed them at other people, they were gone. They were taught from very young what guns were about, and they see the animals hanging in camp to know what guns can do.

No, they should be taught with the real thing.

i have 2 boys and i totaly agree with this. I am NOT a fan of toy guns. I think if someone wants to learn to shoot they should learn to shoot a real gun. Toy guns should be sticks. God knows my boys have had hours upon hours of entertainment plaing swords and guns with sticks they find in the back yard.

Yeah, its funny, my mom, who had no trouble with me taking hunter safety training (in my elementary school, no less!) and who is married to a man with a rather hefty gun collection is rather militant about the whole "toy gun" thing. I've seen her verbally dress down toy store owners when I'm occasionally home for Christmas.

I don't think that is funny, I think it makes sense. The potential lethality of a gun should never be downplayed. And pretending to "shoot" other people is not a game I would encourage kids to play.

But learning how to shoot trap and skeet, that makes sense.