• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
snoboy

WA Pass Ski-In 2008 - Memorial Day weekend

They're working on it but it is still closed as far as I can tell. I bet it will be open in time for the w/e!

Perfect!

Can people throw some easy 4th class route suggestions our way? Crampons axe, and a light rack kind of routes? Approach on skis or not...

South arete of SEWS is mostly 3rd and 4th class with only a couple low 5th moves. There is an easy ski up at this time and a fun ski back to the car.

Easy

I'm deteriorating right before my very eyes!

I just chipped a bone a wee bit. So that's actually good because I can't do more damage, just cause myself pain. Maybe I can just come up and stomp around in the snow with my goofy weiner dog and watch people have fun.

I'm not getting rid of my winter coat this year though, so I plan on having lots of chubby chasers after me. PARTAY!

I'm not getting rid of my winter coat this year though, so I plan on having lots of chubby chasers after me. PARTAY!

:laf: Translation please...

well if you do go up, i'm not going to be doing much so we could hang out. i just finally got off the couch and walked 12K run this past weekend and rode bikes for a while and found out how not in shape i'm in. i was considering *not* going because everyone will be skiing, etc...so you should come up anyway! then at least i'll have someone to party with all day.

:confused: I think it means she is coming just to drink beer and be camp mother??? :confused:

well if you do go up, i'm not going to be doing much so we could hang out. i just finally got off the couch and walked 12K run this past weekend and rode bikes for a while and found out how not in shape i'm in. i was considering *not* going because everyone will be skiing, etc...so you should come up anyway! then at least i'll have someone to party with all day.
Congrats on walking your 12K!!!! So glad to hear that you are coming back to the land of the living!

Ok, I'll come up for a day. But I am bringing my damn needlepoint and acting like a girl.

This is going to be fun afterall! I just bought a Pente game at a yardsale. I'll bring it and we'll play if you want. It's sorta fun. And geeky.

i think car pooling is in order given the price of petrol. lets hear from those interested. i'm up for heading up friday night or saturday morning, i have to return on Sunday night i think...might be able to return on Monday.

Claire and I are heading over Friday evening and returning Monday afternoon evening. Can pick up folks San Juan Islands, Anacortes, Mt.Vernon/Burlington, Sedro....

That's what we get for having a little snow early then rain and cold temps for a long time at the beginning of the season. It sure was great when the big dumps started, but the big slide zone at the bottom of the pack never went away.

It'll still be good.