WA Pass Ski-In 2008 - Memorial Day weekend

snoboy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are some avys, wow. Just got to WA and was wondering what the snow would be like, pretty intimdating for someone new to the Cascades!

I was hoping to meet you guys for a night or two, but should I just go climbing?? or will it rain???

Anyhow...if anyone could help me a bit, how long is the drive once on 20? Will it be hard to find in the dark? Any idea about how many people so I can bring something? Or if someone can PM me with a # I can call and ask all my newbie questions!! Thanks, looking forward to meeting you all :)

I think it is about 2 1/2 hours from the turnoff at Burlington. Look at Snoboy's post at the start of this thread for directions and ideas about what to bring.

The big avalanche cycle is over so I wouldn't worry too much about that though there is always the chance that it could be your unlucky day, I suppose.

You'll find the gathering to be a friendly event. In the past it has been a fairly unblanced mix of climbing and skiing and grilling.

ckplanet - it won't be the easiest to find in the dark, but if you follow the posted directions carefully, you'll get there. I'm going to bring some old skis to cross at the gate to make it more obvious this time!

Those big avys are probably a good thing in the big picture. It was really hot in the mountains last weekend, and ripped out a lot of the weak points. What's left willl likely be bomber as long as it doesn't get too warm this w/e.

Usually about 20-30 people show up.

Thank you much! I knew my question about the rain would produce some laughs, on day 2 I'm still laughing too...

There is a bunch of stuff in my car, so I can't really bring wood or such and I was hoping to bring something to munch & share besides the water and all (I'll get some charcoal too)

I'll be there tonight or tomorrow AM with all the toys and would offer to share the ride but my truck is a bit to full till I figure out where to put the stuff!

I don't snowboard but I do have Cali plates, please be nice:)