I'm fucked

archenemy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when is cascadewatersports big freakin' dot com going to be launched? I am planning on taking my daughter kayaking on lake washington this summer. There's a place right where the cedar river dumps into the lake that rents them. Renton also has a sailing club where you can check out a boat for little or no cost. I grew up sailing and vowed to take it up again by the time I hit the big 5 - 0.

my son built a pigmy sea kayak for his high school senior project. He got into it in a big way after that, even bought a used pigmy so his friends could go. He planned to spend a summer doing the Mississippi, but when all his friends bailed, invited me to do the complete Hood Canal with him, 70 miles. I'd never even been in waves before...quite an experience for this newbie.

He's busy with nursing school now, and I'm back to climbing...but good memories.

So when is cascadewatersports big freakin' dot com going to be launched? I am planning on taking my daughter kayaking on lake washington this summer. There's a place right where the cedar river dumps into the lake that rents them. Renton also has a sailing club where you can check out a boat for little or no cost. I grew up sailing and vowed to take it up again by the time I hit the big 5 - 0.

we don't need a new web site we just need a watersport forum.... we have Fresshies already.

man i wish there was someone around willing to teach me. I don't know anyone who is doing water sports right now.

Oh, I'm learning how to sail this summer too. I have to keep myself busy or I get into trouble.

Make sure you git yerseff a pair 'o these, cuz if'n ya don't, ya'll wish ya had.

799418.JPG

They work wonders for kayaking and aid climbing as well...

Oh, I'm learning how to sail this summer too. I have to keep myself busy or I get into trouble.

Make sure you git yerseff a pair 'o these, cuz if'n ya don't, ya'll wish ya had.

799418.JPG

They work wonders for kayaking and aid climbing as well...

So they're aid for aid? That is so aid.

At La Push, some of the most amazing scenery on the planet is close at hand. Here' a picture of my wife, Diana, on damn near our first date. The seastacks at Graveyard of the Giants are way cool.

Graveyard.jpg

Clearly there is some really classic sea kayaking around here! I recommend taking a(some) self-rescue and navigation class(es), and maybe even some whitewater cross-training if you're going to frequent open coastlines, enter/cross major channels, or go on long trips. The extra skills and confidence are nice even if nothing ever goes wrong.

kayaking pr0n!

cowbayjustinfog.jpg

orcas4.jpg

make your own kayak for extra fun :)
Down the road I would consider this. I understand that the classes at the wooden boat center are fun and that you can bring your kit to class and get help. Of course, I would bring my kit and my super Sherri to get a leg up on everyone else--but it all sounds pretty darn fun!

How much will you part with it for?

Actually between my wife and I there are 7. It really is a bad thing. It has cut into climbing quite a bit. It takes you to some of the most increadable places. There are not may better ways to spend a really hot day than on a nice river. . . It's an addiction I tell you. I'm not ready to start the 12 step program so I'm sorry to say I'm not ready to part with any of them. As a matter of fact I'm probably going to expand the fleet and build a couple of sea kayaks. The only delema is do I go with a class or kit or build my own; stitch and glue or skin on frame or strip built.

make your own kayak for extra fun :)
Down the road I would consider this. I understand that the classes at the wooden boat center are fun and that you can bring your kit to class and get help. Of course, I would bring my kit and my super Sherri to get a leg up on everyone else--but it all sounds pretty darn fun!

Me and my tools are at your beck and call, darlin. You bring the paddle.