Crossfit Kids

rmncwrtr

My three (10, 8, 5) have been doing Crossfit Kids twice a week at the Lab in PDX since early February. It's a great program and so much fun for them. No Kool-aid necessary. I truly believe it's what made a difference in their climbing at Smith last month. As well as their skiing this season.

The biggest change hasn't been physical, but rather mental. They are more willing to give things a go after all the different activities and things they do in class. With my 10 year old daughter there's no longer a "I can't do that." She just gives it a try.

Check it out if you've thinking about fitness programs for kids. My hubby was very skeptical. I'm the one gung-ho on Xfit in our family, but after he took them to a class he changed his tune. I'm biased toward the Lab since Nichole is awesome and teaches the Crossfit Kids Cert, but there's another place in PDX that has a certified trainer and the program is up in the Seattle area, too.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

I checked the affiliates list and I know there are places doing CF kids that aren't on there, including HEL/Lab. I know there is one somewhere in Seattle area, too, because Nichole was asking me how far I lived from the town (which I can't remember) when they were starting up and I was training with her at a different gym.

My hubby was very skeptical. ...but after he took them to a class he changed his tune...

Hey Mel, do you ever get tired of pulling on the mule's halter?

Seriously... anti-climbing, then he tries Smiff and likes it.

Anti-dog, until you bring Chaos home. He loves her!

Anti-Xfit, until he tries it. Oh, lemme guess? He changes his tune! He likes it! OMG! :laf:

Luv ya, Kiddo!

:lmao:

Right on all accounts except he was a climber before we got married. Alpine, not rock. I introduced him to that. But he's hot and spoils me rotten so I don't mind yanking on that halter when I have to ;)

Luv ya, too, Sobo :kisss:

• 2 weeks later...