RIP Albert Hoffman

dt_3pin

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always liked shrooms better.

Come to think of it, in every instance (without exception), I've had more satisfactory results with naturally occurring compounds rather than synthetic.

if it came from the planet earth, it would be natural. acid is more intense/committing than mushrooms. not for the faint of heart or insecure.

Come to think of it, in every instance (without exception), I've had more satisfactory results with naturally occurring compounds rather than synthetic.

Nothing beats an alpine high - and it's 100% due to naturally occurring compounds!

nothing beats a bigwall high. big air/ big stone = big fat rush.

Nothing beats an alpine high - and it's 100% due to naturally occurring compounds!

As far as I'm concerned if you want a substance that you can take over and over then I'm totally down with an alpine high or any equivalent that gets you out in nature away from the human produced world.

However on rare occasions it's just fine to take a chemical or natural product that will briefly change your perspective on things. You have to be very careful about doing stuff like that though. I heard an interview with Albert Hoffman back a number of years ago. He was ask if he would ever take LSD again. His answer was he would consider it partly to evaluate the drug once more.

The best example of use of a hallucinogenic substance I've seen was in a documentary I saw on Indians from Bolivia (or Peru ?). They would go off to a mountain lake with a shaman. All of them would take some hallucinogenic substance and then have a religious or spiritual experience. One of the main points is that to them it was an important experience, but they wouldn't do it every day. In fact I believe they only did it a few times in their lives.