Parking at Paradise

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I skied off from near the beehive a few days ago and noticed that the parking situation is wacked! It is a backdoor conspiracy to bring in the NPS shuttle system and to forbid people to drive to Paradise.

Unfortunately you may be right.

Parking is already limited enough at paradise. If this is permanent it sucks ass. And it makes me want to demand services from the park (open up the West Side Road like in the old days, for example) if you want my sympathy and support for (under)funding.

Sorry, I meant Louis Farrakhan. :P

It's all your consipiracy talk ya silly goose! Gas prices are higher too, so do you think that's a conspiracy to make people use public transit more?

Spending 37 million (that's what I heard they spent on the Paradise contract) on public buildings at Paradise, whether you agree w/ the final design or not, is not part of some grand plan or conspiracy to deny visitors use and access.

Maybe you're new to scene, but the parking has always sucked at Paradise (when it's busy on weekends) ever since they started allowing cars AND didn't allow them to drive all over the meadow.

Sorry, I meant Louis Farrakhan. :P

It's all your consipiracy talk ya silly goose! Gas prices are higher too, so do you think that's a conspiracy to make people use public transit more?

Spending 37 million (that's what I heard they spent on the Paradise contract) on public buildings at Paradise, whether you agree w/ the final design or not, is not part of some grand plan or conspiracy to deny visitors use and access.

Maybe you're new to scene, but the parking has always sucked at Paradise (when it's busy on weekends) ever since they started allowing cars AND didn't allow them to drive all over the meadow.

first off, this isn't spray. MMMKAY?

Secondly, the fact is parking is more restricted now, and I see no plans to restore what has been lost by another building.

I'm not "new" to the scene. I've been visiting Paradise since 1992, and see access even more restricted. Conspiracy? There are actually groups trying to close access roads, in case you were not aware. They tried to block restoration of the Mtn. Loop Hwy - how many years did that wash out take to fix? There are other roads/washouts/repairs etc. Gee, when will they fix the Suiattle river road, do you think? Some "greens" would like it to never be fixed.

You're entitled to an opinion. I just don't think it's very balanced or informed. And I am entitled to poke fun at your self-serving drama and dialogue. This is cc.com right? Won't everyone find their own opinions anyway?

BTW, you're comparing apples to oranges when using the mtn loop hwy and other USFS roads as comparison to an ongoing construction site at Paradise where they are building new visitor services.

And you DO sound new to scene (though 1992 isn't bad). Check out the historic photos. It's clear they've had parking problems for 50 plus years (on busy weekends).

So, did you get a parking spot for your trip? Or are you just advocating for all those others who didn't? And who are those people anyway? I want names and third party observers! :):rolleyes:

You're entitled to an opinion. I just don't think it's very balanced or informed. And I am entitled to poke fun at your self-serving drama and dialogue. This is cc.com right? Won't everyone find their own opinions anyway?

BTW, you're comparing apples to oranges when using the mtn loop hwy and other USFS roads as comparison to an ongoing construction site at Paradise where they are building new visitor services.

And you DO sound new to scene (though 1992 isn't bad). Check out the historic photos. It's clear they've had parking problems for 50 plus years (on busy weekends).

So, did you get a parking spot for your trip? Or are you just advocating for all those others who didn't? And who are those people anyway? I want names and third party observers! :):rolleyes:

parking has been bad, and now it's gonna be worse. Sounds like progress.

Oh yeah, :ass:

Conspiracy? .... Gee, when will they fix the Suiattle river road, do you think? Some "greens" would like it to never be fixed.

Those damn "greens". See, that's the problem w/ America, it's those "greens". They caused the mortgage crisis, and now they're fucking w/ Paradise.

As for me, I like my "greens" lightly cooked so that they still taste good but digest well. I also like a little balsamic vinegar and salt on them. Yumm!

This isn't spray, but it is fun. :moondance:

Conspiracy? .... Gee, when will they fix the Suiattle river road, do you think? Some "greens" would like it to never be fixed.

Those damn "greens". See, that's the problem w/ America, it's those "greens". They caused the mortgage crisis, and now they're fucking w/ Paradise.

As for me, I like my "greens" lightly cooked so that they still taste good but digest well. I also like a little balsamic vinegar and salt on them. Yumm!

This isn't spray, but it is fun. :moondance:

let's hope your "access" to some crag, route, climb is cut off in the very near future. :wave:

If it is, I'll just do the American thing! You know, buy a dirt bike (or snow machine) blaze past those who don't have the wealth for such luxuries (b/c they are probably liberals who gave it all away) or are too "green" to do the cool thing.

BTW, I will also have a side arm, as it's my 2nd ammendment right. ;)

I skied off from near the beehive a few days ago and noticed that the parking situation is wacked! It is a backdoor conspiracy to bring in the NPS shuttle system and to forbid people to drive to Paradise.

Exactly. Note to any MRNP personnel watching this site: The folks who use the park will not take efforts to restrict access in such a manner lying down. When you tear down the flying saucer, use the space for parking.

Exactly. Note to any MRNP personnel watching this site: The folks who use the park will not take efforts to restrict access in such a manner lying down. When you tear down the flying saucer, use the space for parking.

Those bureaucratic types better listen up, or we cc.com types are going to cook up some "greens" and other gossip, innuendo and half baked ideas about large governmental conspiracies and spray them all over the internet.

Feel the fury of cc.com. :[]

KKK, thanks for the and photo and chuckles. You're so easy to irritate and frustrate, amusing.

You never answered the important question that seemed to initiate your rant. Did YOU get a parking spot? Or are you just taking this time to be whine, complain and hopefully ignite someone else to agree w/ your lopsided rant?

Note that I don't even disagree w/ your premise that a significantly compromised parking situation (over the long-term, not the short term during the construction process) or a compromised access or climbing permit situation might be an issue of serious concern. But that's just not happening here. You just seem to be complaining and I'm calling you out on it.

Also, are you actually angry enough to sit there in that cold ice box of a hut at Camp Muir after hiking 4.5K feet only to flip off your cameraman (or maybe you're the cameraman and FW is the subject?)

From the looks of this everyone, I recommend visiting Camp Muir on Saturday (see previous posts) as it's obviously much mellower and user friendly. From FW and KKK's position, visiting Camp Muir on "Sunday" will only get you some pasty white dude who is so angry he has to take a pic of it.

Really though, I hope you can find a parking spot next time you go to Paradise. If for some reason you actually CAN'T find a parking spot, maybe we'd all be curious to hear about that. And with that said, parking where you have a walk a bit doesn't count...

In the meantime, keep up your conspiracy theories and self-inflated rant up so we can have fun at your silliness.

Here is KK's original question:

I couldn't help notice how the new visitor center takes up some of the already limited parking up at paradise, and was wondering if the old visitor center will be demolished to make up for the lost spaces.

He doesn't sound angry to me. Maybe you're the one who has "issues"? Sounds like many here agree with his unspoken premise though. Maybe you should get out from behind that NPS desk and do some recreatin'.

Maybe you should... do some recreatin'.

Dude, I was pulling down at Tieton today. What were you doing?

Unfortunately you may be right.

Parking is already limited enough at paradise. If this is permanent it sucks ass. And it makes me want to demand services from the park (open up the West Side Road like in the old days, for example) if you want my sympathy and support for (under)funding.

Maybe it was this noise that sounded f-d up... And the conspiracy thing does sound like issues... And the photo backs it up.

Aren't you into the debate FW? Or do you think everyone should just roll w/ this hogwash?

I know that you think for yourself.

Editing after original post is poor form. You went off on KK before he elevated the discussion in-kind. The question remains: Is the parking availability at Paradise going to return to its pre-construction levels? Not sure why that possibility upsets you so much.

Editing after original post is poor form. You went off on KK before he elevated the discussion in-kind. The question remains: Is the parking availability at Paradise going to return to its pre-construction levels? Not sure why that possibility upsets you so much.

I'm having fun FW (rev'd Wright), that photo indicates you two aren't.

Edits are a part of life. Are you whining about that too (as you edit your own posts)?