Favorite Streaming Radio Stations?

layton

I'm a bit slow on the technology thingy here, but I just discovered that I can listen to KEXP Seattle on itunes. SO I'm rockin out to the blues hour in sunny slc on this sunday morning.

What are some really good radio stations?

Also, does anyone really like alt country/rock/blues -i.e. rock with a lil bit of honky-tonk? (Gram Parsons, Stones, Dylan, Knopfler, Krauss, Bragg, Springstien, Ryan Adams , etc..?) Because I need some new suggestions.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, does anyone really like alt country/rock/blues -i.e. rock with a lil bit of honky-tonk? (Gram Parsons, Stones, Dylan, Knopfler, Krauss, Bragg, Springstien, Ryan Adams , etc..?) Because I need some new suggestions.

Anything by Jay Farrar: Uncle Tupelo --> Son Volt --> Gob Iron. Uncle Tupelo is the quinessential alt-country band.

KCRW - the best radio station I've ever found. I haven't lived in LA for 8 years, but I still stream that station regularly.

Isn't that just a regular NPR station?

NO - check out the Morning Becomes Eclectic show and Metropolis (Jason Bentley) for awesome music (IMHO)...there are a lot of shows (music, political and otherwise) that are unique to KCRW. You won't find them anyplace else. Plus they have all the great NPR progs. that aren't on every public station like This American Life.

KMBT

Combat Music Radio: Your source for bloodsport inspired/inspiring music and commentary. "Return to Zero" and "Obdurate Ground", among others, offer forth an eclectic blend of folk, funk, punk, 70s Art Rock, and Death Metal, while Eugene S. Robinson, author of "Fight: Or, Everything You Wanted To Know About Ass Kicking But Were Afraid to Get Your Ass Kicked For Asking" dishes out his acerbic Mixed Martial Arts and Boxing news and commentary.

KCRW - the best radio station I've ever found. I haven't lived in LA for 8 years, but I still stream that station regularly.

I agree, I never lived in LA, found it on accident and have stayed tuned ever since. It's a fantastic station with great degree of variety and DJ's... That fact it plays "NPR news" matters little. "Chocolate City" is one of my favorite programs, but many of the other shows are really excellent. IMO! ;)