Who wants to climb Mt Raineer?

MountainLover73

Hello all. Even though I've spent 100's of hours hiking all over Mt Raineer I have never actually been to the top. I've done many high elevation hikes in the Cascades, Olympics, Grand Tetons and Glacier National Park, but I know climbing to the top of a mountain is a completely different ball game. I am in excellent health, but am going to spend the next 3 months getting in the best shape of my life. Why? I want to climb to the top.

If any expierenced mountain climbers are getting ready for the Raineer challenge and are looking for some fit partners to enjoy the challenge with then I'm your man. I need someone who is expierenced and knows Mt Raineer well. I'm a quick learner and

I can think of noting better to put all my energy into for this upcomming summer.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever been to the upper saddle on the Grand Teton? That's a beautiful hike up garnett canyon... Just curious.

On the Rainier thing, there's "in shape" and then there's "mountaineering shape"... It's a big mountain as you know

If you're inexperienced in mountaineering, RMI may be the way to go for summiting Rainier this year. Might be more efficient than trying to hook up with someone on line to "show you the ropes"...

Anyway, good luck.

d

Hey Mountainlover73 - I'm looking for a partner for Mt. Rainier.

I'll be up there july 3-8th. Never been to Rainier but would love to climb it.

Experienced climber, the only thing I don't have is crevasse experience, but do know how to use my ascenders to climb up a rope. I know my knots, can belay.

Ask me for more details.

~rik

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Mountainlover73 - I'm looking for a partner for Mt. Rainier.

I'll be up there july 3-8th. Never been to Rainier but would love to climb it.

Experienced climber, the only thing I don't have is crevasse experience, but do know how to use my ascenders to climb up a rope. I know my knots, can belay.

Ask me for more details.

~rik

Yikes, that looks like a death wish to me. Get some real instruction, especially in crevasse rescue. That doesn't mean you have to take a class, though I would recommend it... learn from someone who is experienced... a ton of crevasse rescue stuff can be learned in one day.

I'm going the 14th - 18th of June. If anyone is interested I'll need a lift from the airport and would love to go. brianwthomas@gmail.com is my contact information.

Thanks,

Also can pay the person in beer and dinner for the car ride and help! :)

jmo,

...well at least you've been to Muir, the rest of the way, wouldn't be too difficult? I'm up that way july 3-8....tell me more.

So far I've recieved 2 "nibbles", and one possible committment, just waiting for their further replies, nothing confirmed as of yet.

I know someone, or some people are eventually going to want to climb Rainier as July 4th gets closer.

Who wouldn't want to climb?!!!

~rik

• 4 weeks later...