CC.com and Northwest culture

Rad

I've had several people complain that Northwest people can be shallow and polite in person, keeping their true feelings and more controversial opinions to themselves.

The same people suggest that East Coasters, where I'm from, are more likely to tell you when they disagree with you and let it all hang out.

Perhaps CC works for y'all because you can vent your more volatile and odiferous parts here.

Do you think CC would have the same vibe in other places?

Oh, and don't hold your true feelings back because you're probably posting anonymously anyway...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had several people complain that Northwest people can be shallow and polite in person, keeping their true feelings and more controversial opinions to themselves.

The same people suggest that East Coasters, where I'm from, are more likely to tell you when they disagree with you and let it all hang out.

Perhaps CC works for y'all because you can vent your more volatile and odiferous parts here.

Oh, and don't hold your true feelings back because you're probably posting anonymously anyway...

I'm not saying jack shit in the way of malicious salacious gossip or mean pissy wit no matter how deserved cause people know who I am. And you could be right, however, I tend to tell folks what I'm thinking to their face, which is a huge fault of mine as several relatives can relay to you I'm sure:-)

:lmao:

I can assure you iam just as much a cocky bitch in person as I am on line. i yam what i yam :moondance:

can be damaging to the career though. I have been told that i would be able to move ahead if i lived in a larger city or in the north east. but i just dont fit in here.

From Blakes article:

Peter Dunne, 42, searches Yahoo Personals for a potential boyfriend using the free Wi-Fi at University Zoka coffee shop. After living in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Dunne finds Seattle a social wasteland. “There's no sexual energy here at all,” he says. Seattle is “a city of the mind . . . a city of geeks. People here . . . they totally blow you off. And these are good friends, right? They just don’t call you. It’s unbelievable.”

who here has been blown off by a geek!?? what an unfair representation!

Seattle is not as cold as the rep.

I came out from a midwestern city that was control by angry lesbians (not that there's anything wrong with that). Upon arrival here, I remember spotting a pregnant woman waiting for a bus - something almost unheard of back there. "Wow" i thought, "Maybe men and women actually enjoy each others company on occasion out here". Back there, all sex between a man and woman is considered to be rape.

There are colder places than Seattle and I have enjoyed my stay here thus far. :laf: