Scarpa Omega's

patob

My invernos are finally wearing out. I am looking at the alternitives. I am tempted by the light weight of the scarpa omegas, but I have heard negitive things about thier durability. Does anyone have some experience with them? Have they fixed previous problems? Thanks for any info

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a pair when they first came out a couple years ago. I rented their prececessor Scarpa Alphas a couple times before and those worked well. The liner boot of the Omegas "cracked" around the ankle in several places after maybe 5 days of use. Others I've talked to have had similar problems and also report that the laces break quickly too. Before using them on an extended trip, I'd probably get Intuitions for them.

I used these on a NOLS trip in patagonia and hiked over 150 miles in a month in them. I did have the problems mentioned by davidjo, broken laces and cracked the bootie near the ankle, but I just sent the liner back and got a new one no prob and tied a knot in the laces. They are incredibly comfortable for long aproaches and rigid enough to climb verticle ice as well. Best double boot made. They dry incredibly quickly compared to koflack as well. just buy em dude