TONS OF ICE CLIMBING HEADS

CoolClay

DSC06829.JPGDSC06828.JPGDSC06827.JPGDSC06826.JPGDSC06824.JPGDSC06823.JPGDSC06822.JPGDSC06821.JPGDSC06820.JPGDSC06830.JPG

Hey guys I just acquired all these brand new older ice replacement heads of many different types. I am looking to get rid of them, they are all brand new, most still have tags still attached. They were originally bought from Campmor.

I would like to know the names of the different these different heads if anyone knows what they are.

Also if anyone would like to purchase any please send me an email. You can buy as many as you like. I would be happy with $3/piece, buy 6 get 2 free plus shipping of course. A few of the tags say they originally cost $9.

I am also selling 2 Chouinard ice hammer/picks in good but used condition. $20 each plus shipping.

I really want to get rid of these so send me an offer for all the pieces (not the axes) and I'll probably accept.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4th one down on the left and the 3rd & 4th down on the right are all for the Forrest Mjollnir Hammer. Bill Coe and I own one and would likely be interested in one or two of each of those three. The tubular ones and any with attachment holes matching them are likely for the original Lowe Hummingbirds. The first generation was just a cylinder of metal on a handle where as later versions looked more like the head of a modern tool.

Maybe check this page as well:

http://www.coolclimbing.com/axe1.htm

Here is one of Bill's pics of the Mjollnir (top) and the regular Forrest fixed-head Mjollnar below it:

Forrest_Mjollnir_Forrest_wall_Hammer_Kong_Eagle.jpg

And here's a pic of the later generation hummingbirds:

Hummingbirds1.JPG

So now that you guys are throwing names around, some of the tags have stuff that is barely readable but I can make it out now that you mention names. Bottom left picks says Lifetime Victor II, the Nut picks 3rd down on the right, and 4th picks down on right and picks on the top right all say Mjolliner.

So your referring to these 3

sets?

DSC06823.JPGDSC06828.JPGDSC06821.JPG

They all say Mjolliner on their tags even though the mount hole patterns appear different on all three. Anyway thats 18 picks total.

They're yours for $45 plus shipping. Also so you know what a great deal your getting the tags on the picks to the right say $11/piece.

Oh, Bill and I will take them. We'd want the two on the left in your photos just above and the short stubby picks in the photos below of the ones we'd want. The photo of the ones on the right just above don't look to be Forrest picks.

If Bill will cover them then I will split it with him...thanks.

DSC06823.JPGDSC06821.JPGDSC06822.JPG

• 7 months later...