BD Shrikes Trade: bent shafts for straight ones

Colin

I bought a pair of BD Shrikes in the fall of 2000 (50cm, one hammer and one adze). At the time they were my most technical ice tools, so I bought bent shafts. The bend in the lower shaft really helps on steep terrain - not so much for the knuckles, but because the angle on the wrist is much better.

However, I have since bought a pair of Cobras as well. With my Cobras as my most technical tools now, I would slightly prefer the straight-shafted Shrikes for low-angle alpine climbs. If you own a pair of straight-shafted Shrikes, and they are your most technical tools, I propose that we trade.

That is, I'm looking for two straight-shafted Shrikes (50cm, one hammer and one adze), and am willing to trade my bent-shafted ones (which cost $10 more each). I figure we would keep our own leashes and picks, but if the prospect of getting rid of your bashed picks makes the deal, then I'd be willing to make that trade as well.

They are, of course, in good condition. Not that they haven't been used much, but as you've probably noticed, they are quite durable tools.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic