DMM Peanuts!

underworld

I'm not sure if these are a new nut on the market or not, but i got some recently and had the first opportunity to use them on sunday. some luscious upper town wallin allowed for many offset nut placements. these things are the bomb. cheaper than hb offsets and easier to get. $10.50 each or a set (1-5) for $45.

just wanted to get the word out on another offset micro nut option.

specs

peenuts.jpg

:rawk:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree that the angle on them seems to be too shallow. I only have about four on my rack, although they were all finders up at Index over the last handful of years.

I still bring and lead on them depending on the route. They go on my odd nut rack of micro's and offsets for when you need something like that.

Well - no. Imagine if they were a complete triangle in cross-section....

I think it's the curve at the back bottom that really fucks them up, though. I have two (the #2 and #4) and i find normal RPs sit way better in squamish cracks and pin scars than either of these. But there are two places I've found where the Peenuts seem to fit better. One on Leviticus just below the dihedral, and one on Rock On at the start of the crux pitch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've had a set of the peanuts for a while and like them a lot for pin scars. Looking forward to getting some of DMM's larger aluminum offsets whenever they come out...anyone seen them yet?

I had 2 sets since you posted this, I suspect our local Shop has them. Mgear does as well.

Link

:wave:

On the larger DMM Allow Offsets I had to epoxy the nuts to the wires to replicate the originals. Before that, the wire was just so damn slick it was pretty hard to clean them as the wire would just pushed through the nut and the nut would stay put.