n00b Alert 4/19 & 20 - 11Worth

fenderfour

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H_BOULDER09.JPG

These classic images are desperately in need of LOLMOUNTIES captions right in the image.

To prevent redundancy, maybe the mod's should just put them in a locked thread pinned to the top of Spray or the Climber's Forum. :rolleyes:

From the URL it looks like these are 6 years old, maybe you can head down this w/e and get some new material for the website and your own jollies?

Also, I'm not sure how you find these, I can't browse the directories above the final image name in the URLs. So you must have these specially bookmarked. Now THERE'S someone with a life. :grlaf:

Also, I'm not sure how you find these, I can't browse the directories above the final image name in the URLs.

OMG N00b l0lz 1111!

teh google. they invented it for u to use.

google can't turn up any new photos of mounties looking clueless since 2002? Guess it's not such a great tool, or you're just too stupid to find fresher material. :wave:

It's not reserving, It's warning. If I get to the cliff and all the routes are taken, I will find somewhere else to go.

Whatever. it will be raining. We will still be out there.

This really doesn't encourage anyone to notify the climbing public. Would you rather know that a bunch of n00bs will be infecting a crag, or would you rather show up with your kids to find it overrun?

It's not reserving, It's warning. If I get to the cliff and all the routes are taken, I will find somewhere else to go.

Whatever. it will be raining. We will still be out there.

This really doesn't encourage anyone to notify the climbing public. Would you rather know that a bunch of n00bs will be infecting a crag, or would you rather show up with your kids to find it overrun?

thanks for the heads-up FF. have a nice weekend - and hope your weather is not as bad as forecast. (it was soooo nice last w/e).

It's this same old boring claptrap that makes me realize why I've been away from this forum for the last few months. I got bored, left, came back, and NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Same old shit, year after year...

Even the pics.

there's been some decent tr's...my eloquence has waxed :)

Watch out at Trout Creek this weekend as well

http://www.chemeketans.org/Crack_Climbing_Clinic_2008.htm

The indoor gym session will be taught by Club Sport climbing gym staff member Gent Mende. Taping for crack climbing, shoe selection, basic hand and foot jamming techniques will be presented. Participants will have a chance to try out the techniques on artificial cracks in the gym. The outdoor session will be one weekend at Trout Creek, where participants will have plenty opportunity to practice "jamming" techniques with various sizes of cracks on top rope.

sounds like the perfect weekend for me to check that place out. :crosseye: Who are the Chemeketans anyway?

Never been to trout creek, but I learned to jam in Indian Creek. It was perfect because if you couldn't jam, you weren't going anywhere, so I learned fast. Trout Creek sounds similar from what I've heard.

i haven't been to indian creek - is the easiest climb there a painful 5.9? there's only 1 clmib at that grade at TC i recall, then everything else goes to .10 and above, and all on incredibly painful rock where taping is a must!

Pretty much. But the thing about the creek is that grades are kind of irrelevant; it's all about your hand size. I found that often 5.11+ climbs were easier for me than 5.10- climbs, just because they tended to be thinner cracks and my hands fit that crack size better.

Never been to trout creek, but I learned to jam in Indian Creek. It was perfect because if you couldn't jam, you weren't going anywhere, so I learned fast. Trout Creek sounds similar from what I've heard.

i haven't been to indian creek - is the easiest climb there a painful 5.9? there's only 1 clmib at that grade at TC i recall, then everything else goes to .10 and above, and all on incredibly painful rock where taping is a must!

incredibly painful rock? Huh? I have yet to need tape there...