McCain's 'new ideas' for the future

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reminder that this electoral go-round they all suck.

"Pandering

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In politics, pandering is to portray one's views to fit in line with a certain crowd of voters the candidate is attempting to impress, when often, these are not the candidate's true beliefs. A candidate may engage in pandering out of desperation if s/he is already losing a race, or if polls taken prior to an election show others as being in the lead. "

...or see Obama, Hillary Clinton and John McCain for specific current "Pandering" examples.

Assholes.

What a maverick!!

Mr. McCain, who made no mention of his previous pledge to balance the budget by the end of his first term, outlined a long list of tax cuts he favored in the speech, which was delivered on the deadline for filing taxes. He called once again for making the Bush tax cuts, which he voted against, permanent, and for cutting corporate taxes, phasing out the alternative minimum tax and doubling the value of exemptions for each dependent to $7,000 from $3,500. He also proposed giving people the option of using a simpler, shorter tax form.

Thanks for the reminder that this electoral go-round they all suck.

"Pandering

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In politics, pandering is to portray one's views to fit in line with a certain crowd of voters the candidate is attempting to impress, when often, these are not the candidate's true beliefs. A candidate may engage in pandering out of desperation if s/he is already losing a race, or if polls taken prior to an election show others as being in the lead. "

...or see Obama, Hillary Clinton and John McCain for specific current "Pandering" examples.

Assholes.

but isnt' this theoritical democracy in action?

a candidate kisses our ass to get elected, and once elected, is in the position of having to put his money where his mouth was? isn't that a good thing?

is it fair to call the winner of a mud-wrestling match "dirty?"

It's just as much the electorate's fault. Once they pull they lever they go back to watching Survior or whatever, thinking - "well, my job is done here". Few folks want to actively participate to make any difference, and the politicials know it.

It's just as much the electorate's fault. Once they pull they lever they go back to watching Survior or whatever, thinking - "well, my job is done here". Few folks want to actively participate to make any difference, and the politicials know it.

Not me. After I pull the lever I want to enjoy a nice pint and sandwich courtesy of Jim who will of course be decked out in GOP regalia and my sister’s old McCain POW bracelet.

Exhibit A:

http://democrats.senate.gov/dpc/dpc-new.cfm?doc_name=lb-110-2-35

I'm getting an aneurysm over the idiots in D.C. and they're lack of fiscal sense. Why not just burn the money. And PP - if Hil and Barack keep tripping over themselves you may have a chance. But I doubt it.

Well dt thats only 200 gallons of gas, say she gets 30 MPG, like an intelligent person would who was driving that much, thats only 6000 miles a month. I use @ 80 gallons, but use it for some deliveries for business in addition to screwing around skiing and climbing, so what would I get from J McCain? $14.?

Oh boy, 2 happy meals. Wonder how they would make up the revenue that they didn't get from the gas tax there. Maybe they could just increase our income taxes or borrow more from the Chinese like they are already doing.