Mountain Hardwear PDX

mike1

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like they're just trying to hop on board the TNF, Patagucci, Columbia Sportswear train. Localized flagship stores. They must do enough business to make it viable; however if I was a retailer carrying any of these brands I wouldn't be all that excited having yet another company to compete with, albeit a company whose products I was trying to sell.

The margins on software made in China and sold in the US is HUGE! Shop the lil guy gear store is my opinion to help subsidise the actual gear. REI has Mt hardware throughout it's stores, or you can get that made in China stuff at Pattagucci, Eddie Bauer, REI, North Face and Nordstroms etc etc.

The margins on software made in China and sold in the US is HUGE! Shop the lil guy gear store is my opinion to help subsidise the actual gear. REI has Mt hardware throughout it's stores, or you can get that made in China stuff at Pattagucci, Eddie Bauer, REI, North Face and Nordstroms etc etc.

BTW, truth in advertising: my wife has scored, FOR ME AS GIFTS, 2 Mountain Hardware items recently (both *cough* cough* Made in China. A MH Scholler vest for $30 at Costco, and a MH Scholler Coat someplace online.

She left the tag on the Costco item so I could return it if my mindset dictated. IT DID NOT, and I am wearing that vest today. Sometimes made in China, given for no reason with a little love and a happy memory, is irresistible:-)

I have a personal aversion to try to not buy "Made in China", which I sometimes do anyway, that she doesn't share. So she buys me stuff which she thinks I'll like and she does it whenever she sees a sale. My last 5 or 6 coats (2 North Face and 1 Patagucci) all showed up in this manner.

Ya just got to love a woman like that.