• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mike1

Mountain Hardwear PDX

New place to shop for "lifestyle" "gear". Not much in the way of actual "gear". 4 packs, a slew of bookbags, a couple of sleeping bags, ONE tent set up and a crapload of shirts, slacks etc.

Its like a single-brand REI without the espresso machines.

It seems like they're just trying to hop on board the TNF, Patagucci, Columbia Sportswear train. Localized flagship stores. They must do enough business to make it viable; however if I was a retailer carrying any of these brands I wouldn't be all that excited having yet another company to compete with, albeit a company whose products I was trying to sell.

The margins on software made in China and sold in the US is HUGE! Shop the lil guy gear store is my opinion to help subsidise the actual gear. REI has Mt hardware throughout it's stores, or you can get that made in China stuff at Pattagucci, Eddie Bauer, REI, North Face and Nordstroms etc etc.

The margins on software made in China and sold in the US is HUGE! Shop the lil guy gear store is my opinion to help subsidise the actual gear. REI has Mt hardware throughout it's stores, or you can get that made in China stuff at Pattagucci, Eddie Bauer, REI, North Face and Nordstroms etc etc.

BTW, truth in advertising: my wife has scored, FOR ME AS GIFTS, 2 Mountain Hardware items recently (both *cough* cough* Made in China. A MH Scholler vest for $30 at Costco, and a MH Scholler Coat someplace online.

She left the tag on the Costco item so I could return it if my mindset dictated. IT DID NOT, and I am wearing that vest today. Sometimes made in China, given for no reason with a little love and a happy memory, is irresistible:-)

I have a personal aversion to try to not buy "Made in China", which I sometimes do anyway, that she doesn't share. So she buys me stuff which she thinks I'll like and she does it whenever she sees a sale. My last 5 or 6 coats (2 North Face and 1 Patagucci) all showed up in this manner.

Ya just got to love a woman like that.