Snowmoers working to keep snowmoers off summit

ashw_justin

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not you agree, I think that this will in fact be described as a cool fall (perhaps not in those exact words) by the survivor/witnesses, later on if not presently. That's a story to tell the grandkids. That was not a malicious statement, but rather an expression of empathy, in my own way. It's the kind of thing that is commonly said to your buddy when he comes out alright. "Wow, that was pretty amazing, glad you're okay."

Edited by ashw_justin

I guess if nobody knows, then it is allowed. As far as I know MSH is the 'bilers volcano. I wonder if they get checked for climbing permits though.

This could happen to any type of recreator of course. I sort fell into a bergschrund there once, and then took a few-hundred foot slide on bare ice head-first less than an hour later. It was thrilling. That which doesn't kill you, can be pretty awesome sometimes.

Whether or not you agree, I think that this will in fact be described as a cool fall (perhaps not in those exact words) by the survivor/witnesses, later on if not presently. That's a story to tell the grandkids. So no, this is not a statement made out of dumbness, but if fact an expression of empathy, in my own way. It's the kind of thing that is commonly said to your buddy when he comes out alright. "Wow, that was pretty amazing, glad you're okay." Feel free to express your own feelings on the matter...

Y'all look at this

I don't know why you guys are having a hard time with this. This is the stuff of legend.

"He reportedly fell 100 to 200 feet before landing on the inside slope of the crater. He then slid on his hands and knees to the bottom of the crater. He was wearing his snowmobile helmet, and Cox said there is a heavy snowpack in the area, so snow may have broken his fall."

It's like Ed Maginn falling 2600 feet down Orient Express and walking away from it. It's not something you want to happen, but it could end up being one of the best days of your life, depending on how you see things. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on top and looked at the crater thinking it would be fun to go down there, but I never decided to. I'm sure the mobiler had no intention of actually going down there.

Dumb or not it's a funny story to tell folks years later especially since buddy didn't get hurt too bad.

Cool fall.

I tend to agree with your statement... Not sure that there is really a whole lot that's negative about what happened (although I could be wrong)? The guy got out without serious injury, and it teaches people a good lesson. That's pretty unique I would say! Scary when it happened I'm sure though, and glad for him and his family that he is okay!