SPRING PICNIC 4/30 Planning

mattp

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are the only photos I could get cleared by Homeland Insecurity. Enjoy. Or not.

Fenzel...then some other cute climbers whom I don't know.

2008_Picnic_01.JPG

WeekendClimberz, who's never done a climb on a Wednesday in his life.

2008_Picnic_02.JPG

The obligatory butts shot. Let's play match the butt with the member. No not that kind of member.

2008_Picnic_03.JPG

ToTheTop. BottomsUp, dude.

2008_Picnic_06.JPG

Jason the Burninator, whatever those are.

2008_Picnic_07a.JPG

Off White. And Diana apparently off practicing on her pommel horse.

2008_Picnic_08.JPG

"I am the evil organizer MattP. Look into my eyes and feel my power."

2008_Picnic_09.JPG

Uh, nothing to see here. Nothing to taste here. Move along now.

2008_Picnic_05.JPG

Thanks Matt, Porter and everyone else who put last night's event together.

Kat and I had a great time. Everyone we met at the picnic was super friendly and welcoming to us. Hope to meet more of you at future events.

Hopefully the weather will start clearing so that we can BBQ again soon!

Will

Here's some stuff I'll be bringing to the picnic.

This was donated to the Washington Climbers Coalition by the late Larry Kemp's mother. Stock up on some ca 1985 gear and benefit a worthy cause! It's pretty much all good stuff still, just not the latest model.

kemp.jpg

Sorry I missed the picnic.

My wife Sue and I used to stay at Larry and Sue Kemp's house back in the early eighties on our way to Index. Sue Kemp and I would play guitars together late into the night. She also went to the valley with us when we had our first kid as a partner/baby sitter. She was a great friend and I was saddened to hear she died...I think it was cancer?

She was a good climber as well, followed me up Breakfast of Champions once, no problem at all. She and my wife (the two Sues) did a lot of climbing together while I was Larrys belay whore...good times up at Midnight rock.

I've used that ice screw ratchett tool. Larry and I and my wife Sue climbed at Banks lake one winter in the devils punch bowl. It worked great. Though Larry and I realized we didn't know how to read ice when a winnebago sized stalagtight dropped onto our heads.

I never heard why Larry stopped climbing as we'd drifted apart by then. Funny how so many old climbers give it up. We'd see them in the Pinnacles all the time. The climbing is still just as good;pinnacles pictures here from last weekend:

http://www.websterart.com/html/pinnacles4-08.html