SPRING PICNIC 4/30 Planning

mattp

I tried to book Mayday for the CC.COM Spring Picnic, but somebody already has it that night so we're on for Wednesday April 30.

Brother Jon suggested we might want to try organizing an Iron Chef event, where folks would compete in cooking something on their campstoves, from scratch, using ingredients and equipment only like what you might actually carry in your pack to a climbing basecamp. I don't know how Iron Chef works. Is anybody into this? :tup: or :tdown: . Shall we try to browbeat Brother Jon into being MC? Who's gonna wear the baker's hat and judge the entries?

In the past we've had slacklines, burgers, and some slideshows. Last year I displayed some printed photo's that had been taken by a climber who is deceased but has left a large collection of photo's to the University of Washington.

Somebody asked me if CC.COM has ever had a swap meet.

The picnic was first started over 25 years ago. This has been a good chance to come and meet some folks who enjoy this sport that brings us all together.

Woodland Park, Picnic Shelter #6, after work. April 30, 2008.

Ideas welcome.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year I displayed some printed photo's that had been taken by a climber who is deceased but has left a large collection of photo's to the University of Washington.

Why can't you just say "the late Larry Kemp"?

he is just messing with you Mark. don't let him get to your head like that.

Last year I displayed some printed photo's that had been taken by a climber who is deceased but has left a large collection of photo's to the University of Washington.

Why can't you just say "the late Larry Kemp"?

he is just messing with you Mark. don't let him get to your head like that.

I find the online interaction between matt and mark entertaining. :tup:

As for Spring Picnic :tup::tup::rocken:

Maybe matt and mark can do a live entertainment event. :poke:

ALLRIGHT: We've got some support for the gear raffle idea, but no takers on the Iron Chef. Now I'll need to line up a diggy projector, and we need a snazzy graphic like TVash made last year.

I got a private message asking if kids were welcome and I said that yes they are. We've had families there every year so far, and it is a nice park fully of bunnies (no kidding!). Let's see you all out there.

And who has awesome pictures for us this year?

Can someone do better than this? Does it get any better than this?

2008_picnic.JPG

I'm still looking for digital projection and somebody who wants to set up slackline or show up early to chase the bums out or ...

Let's do it, folks!

CC.com will be providing dawgs, buns, ketchup and mustard for this killa pikanic. so i need you to post here if you're going to attend so i'll know how many dawgs to bring.

post only if you are coming and how many dawgs you think you can eat. if you do not attend and tell me you will then i will hunt you down and make you eat them after they sat in my car for the duration.

i don't want to make this like ropeup where we ate all the dawgs in like 5.4322^11 seconds. we need to feel a level of excitement, a certain buzz related to the cc.com pikanic. i heard Mattp will be challenging all takers to an arm wrestling contest. also, there may be a dance contest.

I have a totally seized cam I can set you up with.

I also have an extra huge McHale pack that I almost never use because it is just TOO big and if I fill it I can barely stand up. That gem is gonna require some cash, though. It comes in handy when I want to pack picnic supplies to the beach and stuff like that.

Who else has some good stuff for sale?

I will bring;

one pair of 11.5 Diablo climbing shoes only used thrice. Make lo-ball offer.

One kids synthetic mummy bag. Kid comes with it. Cheap.

One pair slightly used Dynafit MLK's size 11 (no liners). $75. They are too narrow for my EE feet. I can throw in a pair of well used Koflach liners but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Old super pile Patagonia pants. These are pre-Pataguchi. Sile L.

$5

More to dig out.