5/1: Jennifer Lowe-Anker - Forget Me Not

MountaineersClub

Jennifer Lowe-Anker: Forget Me Not

Thursday, May 1, 2008

7 p.m. - FREE!

The Mountaineers Building, 300 Third Ave W, Seattle

In 1999 Jennifer Lowe's husband Alex Lowe died tragically in an avalanche on the Himalayan mountain Shishapangma, leaving her alone to raise three sons. Alex was widely considered one of the greatest modern climbers and the world mourned his loss - Tom Brokaw did a one-hour special for Dateline, and Sting narrated and composed music for a tribute film.

In Forget Me Not, Jennifer Lowe-Anker lets us look inside the life of a family where her husband and the father to her children pursues a high-risk passion - and pays for it with his life. We see how her family finds healing in the arms of the man who had been her husband's best friend, his adventuring partner, and a survivor of the accident that took his life.

Through letters and expedition notes from Alex, Forget Me Not spans continents and tells the story of three people whose lives intertwine to a degree they could never have imagined. Jenni's account takes readers inside a woman's heart and mind as she navigates her shattered life and survives, ultimately finding transformative love through her great loss. From the valleys of Montana to the peaks of the Himalayas, this never before told story exposes the controversial yet ultimately redemptive power of love.

Jennifer Lowe will present a personal account of tragedy, loss and rebuilding. This is a free event sponsored by The Mountaineers and Mounaineers Books. Copies of the Forget Me Not will be available the night of the presentation. Conrad Anker will also be in attendance this evening.

www.mountaineers.org and www.mountaineersbooks.org

Edited by MountaineersClub

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic