why do fat woman where lycra?

lisa

Amen. From the north side of the line, but amen all the same.

Does anyone actually know any of these people? Perhaps they actually serve a purpose.

And Lisa;

They drive small convertibles because the crane can just "plop" them into the seat. Become one with the car, be the driver's side air bag.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lisa! From your protest I would gather that logically only one of the three following statements can be true:

1. Lisa is heavy girl who would not wear Lickra, as she believes that no heavy girl should.

2. Lisa is a nicely proportioned girl who may not wear Lickra, but she wouldn't feel guilty about sportin' around Index in a Spandex unitard.

3. Lisa is a heavy girl who hypocritically wears Lickra, but who nevertheless feels heavy girls should not.

4. Almost forgot this one: Lisa is a boy, and that's why she cares about what women do in the first place!

Have I covered all the possibilities, and may I ask, which is closest to the truth? Are you hot? Are you heavy? Both? When ever I sneak out to the crag these days, I'm amazed at how my eyes play tricks on me. More than a few times, the pony tail and petite hips which first catch my eye, I find after closer inspection, happen to be attached to a boy! In fact, I once whistled at a blond gal up on Japanese Gardens who was climbing with T-shirt Rich, and it turned out to be a guy I know named Steve!

Not to mention the increasing number of jar heads carrying big packs who, come to find out, aren't men.

Anyway, I generally don't have a problem with Spandex. It's not really functional, but I suppose the really bright varieties like we used to wear back in the 1980's could assist a rescue team trying to find your butt. The only problem I had with Lycra was that you never felt comfortable walking into the Index Tavern without first pulling a pair of Levi's over top.

Pope, you're way off. No, I'm not fat or heavy. I wear lycra running pants for winter runs and shorts for mtn. biking. I was refering to the average folks whom roam the streets or malls w/such tight leggings I can't miss them if I tried. Nothing related to climbers. Am I hot? If I wasn't I would not be posting a thread looking for attractive fellow climbers, guess you'll never know... wink.gif

Lisa,

At least a couple of broads think I fall into that category, but, like so many other women, you'll just have to manage your disappointment when I tell you that I'm happily married and not really looking for a back-steppin' Belay Betty. By the way, I'd probably let you buy me a couple of drinks. You would probably be allowed to prove to me how hot you are, but you'd have to respect my personal space and not attack me...now matter how difficult that might be for you.

• 3 years later...

Along those lines, why does anyone who owns a bicycle think they have a license to wear lycra? Fat, old, skinny, young - can anyone ride a bike in just plain shorts and a t-shirt?? Does it really make a huge difference in wind resistance to justify greasing yourself into body skin covered with Italian logos. And by the way, bicyclists are the worst hypocrites when it comes to the "rules of the road". Don't criticize someone behind the wheel of a car until we are allowed to ride the sidewalks AND the road, depending on what allows us to avoid braking.

Along those lines, why does anyone who owns a bicycle think they have a license to wear lycra? Fat, old, skinny, young - can anyone ride a bike in just plain shorts and a t-shirt?? Does it really make a huge difference in wind resistance to justify greasing yourself into body skin covered with Italian logos. And by the way, bicyclists are the worst hypocrites when it comes to the "rules of the road". Don't criticize someone behind the wheel of a car until we are allowed to ride the sidewalks AND the road, depending on what allows us to avoid braking.

you mean we are not allowed to drive on the sidewalk? cry.gif

no wonder those skateboarders were scared shitless evils3d.gif

I've got a question. Why do people (male/female, fat/thin) insist on wearing sandals and socks when it's raining? I mean it's lame enough when it's sunny, but it's raining and your cotton socks are getting wet! wazzup.gif

Because you've got a nasty hangover and just don't feel like putting shoe's on.