• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
selkirk

Route name at Vantage?

Was out at the Feathers over the weekend and made a run up a 5.10ish climb that wasn't in the guide book and was wondering if anyone had a name/grade for it? It felt 10a-ish, or maybe soft 10b, and was about 100ft uphill and to climbers left from the pillar with Satan's Wagon and Blood Blister on it.

TIA

:wave:

You weren't the guy making the bad jokes all morning then and went to stick clip the first bolt on the feathers are you?

Why do routes at Vantage even have names? They should just have numbers. Or at the most some sort of 1984 newspeak designations.

fingercrackplusgoodcuntlapper #3

areteloosebad4boltsmegma #7

etc..

Actually after looking at Summit Post I think it might have been Criminally Insane. I always had the impression Suites was quite a bit further than whatever I was on.

6 clips, significantly overhanging at the top, with an interesting mantel where it goes from very overhanging to the flat pillar top. Two short chains set way back (10+ ft from the edge).

sounds like criminally insane..look it up on mountainproject too. fun climb,climbed it a month ago..definitely did not think it was 10b. i think its listed as 10a and i thought it could be a 9sih. fun though so who cares.

This seems like a good thread to spew about all the FFA's I got out there this year already. I mean when major holds come off the next first send gets another FFA right?

Vantage Rocks... I mean Vantage "is crumbly" Rocks. :)

As for names chucK, I just denote them by blanket rating the whole crag. No need with names or numbers I just know them as 5.9 or 5.10 somethings... :)