Ski-In 2008!

snoboy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: The last two weekends in May are NOT available. So IF the pass open on May 1 we have 3 to choose from....May 3/4...May 10/11 or May 17/18. I am leaning towards May 2/3 or 16th/17th/18th so my son can come, but am open to feedback. Lets get it figured out soon so we can order the KEG!

As much as I love the rock up there, it'd be nice to actually be able to ski this year. I can borrow a tele setup, but since I don't know how to tele ski, I can't see that ending well. I'm wondering if anyone could loan me some AT skis? I've got alpine boots, can get a beacon/shovel/whatnot. Alternatively if you have an older setup, or even just bindings, you'd be willing to part with at a reasonable price, that could work. I'm about 6', 165 pounds. As far as dates go, anything but memorial day works for me.

^NOPE.^ You want Billygoat and his salmon to be there, trust me.

Not only that, it's my party, and I want my GF to be able to join us. :P

April 25 - westside update

After a trip to the pass yesterday to check on the progress of the crews for myself, I bring back some good and bad news. The bad news first: Tomorrow is opening day for fishing season, and the pass will not be open in time. The good news: We are less than one week away from opening the pass. We hope to open the pass Thursday, May 1. Make sure you're subscribed to our e-mail updates so you can know right away if that date changes.

OK, here's the scoop. The cabin is being used by the owner the weekend of MAY 17/18 and 31/1 so we only have 3/4, 10/11 or 24-26 which is memeorial day weekend and gives one extra day. Keep in mind that May 11 is mother's day.

It appears the pass is going to open on schedule on Thursday May 1. It also appears I can't please every one. I can do any of them but since a lot were saying 17/18 and that is not available, I'm going to keep this open for a few more days before I decide. Bribes will be considered! I've been thinking of getting a splitboard........

I'm calling it. Ski in 2008 is Memorial Day weekend. Come friday, May 23 and stay through Monday May 26. Heck, that gives us an extra day so all you people from Canada, Oregon, Idaho and beyond can justify the drive!

Directions will be posted soon. All ability back-country skiiers/riders are welcome. Climbers too, but there will be plenty of snow this year!

Do we get two kegs this year?

Woofie, this would be a good opportunity for some reading comprehension practice....

Right on Dave! :brew:

one keg should do it unless we get more committments. We are close to town and can easily get more. I'm willing to be responsible for the first keg/tap/ice/cups dealeo. I can gather $$ at the cabin