Ski-In 2008!

snoboy

Looks like it's time to start planning...

Everyone check in...

Normally it's been the week after the pass opens. If the crews are on schedule, that will make it the 10/11 of May. Dependent on DaveP of course.

NORTH CASCADE HWY

Elevation: 5477ft / 1669M

Temperature:N/A

Conditions & Weather:

The North Cascades Highway is closed for the season. The work to reopen the North Cascades Highway began March 24th and we hope to have it open by May 1st. The highway remains closed to traffic between mileposts 134 and 171, the west and east avalanche gates, while the clearing work continues. //

Updated: 08:21 AM, Apr 07, 2008

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Yeah, I still plan to host the 5th annual Washington Pass Ski party at the cabin in Mazama. We will just have to keep an eye on how the WADOT is doing on getting the road open. I will expect asap the weekend after. At least there is way more snow this year and we will be skiing well into May if it takes that long! You can rock climb if you want, just leave your snowboard at home!

Since it's a long drive from Boise up to Mazama, anybody on the list interested in an closer alternative, Snowbank Mtn after May 15th? That's when the road opens. Expect 20' of snow in the lee spots.

snowbank_snow.JPGsnowbank_plow.JPG

Dude those pictures look great :tup:

I'd like to go there, but the Ski In works best at a convenient location for everybody that has great skiing and a cool place to camp. In the past everybody who participated came from WA, BC, or OR. Washington Pass is pretty convenient for folks from BC and WA. People in OR have to drive further, but the pass is worth it.

I know from living there that it's a pain to drive from ID to Washington Pass, so I don't blame you for picking a cool spot closer to home.

It's too bad there isn't any good skiing in the Scab Lands. :lmao: That would be a central spot for everybody.

Taht it is.

I will try and get up there no matter what the w/e. I just might have my 11 y/o in tow. I know it's not a completely kid safe event but he is a veteren of kid's rope-up and the bad adult behavior that sometimes goes along with that. He's also used to Lopez potlucks which are way worse than anything CC.com has dished up so far....

Hey Robin, I was just up in the Selkirks touring b/w the three GAH huts and Sentry for a week. Loved the cold -18c mornings and the dry powder that created. But man, the avy danger was delicate to say the least. We were remotely (sometimes from a couple hundred meters away)triggering huge slides on that buried surface hoar from late Feb., usually on NW aspects. Needless to say we did a lot of tree skiing. The guide on our trip cancelled his planned Bugaboo to Rogers traverse after the week we had.

I am definitely up for some North Cascades Corn Camp after that!!!!

:brew:

Yep, The highlight for Jordan a few years back was opening everyone's beer for them! Depending on the weekend, I will probably bring my son too. He is on his second year with tele gear! So I am ok with anyone else coming with kids as long as they don't snowboard. I don't think the Ski In crowd has been too rowdy, but if any snowboarders come there could be a :battlecage:. Just don't say "shit" or "fuck" in front of the K-I-D-S!

At least I can't run him over with Billy-goat's dirt bike! :shock: