Music at your Memorial Service

Couloir

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Anglins widow played the Melisa Etheridge song "Angel" at his funeral (amoungst other songs) It stuck out amongst the others, for me.

It was so pretty, sad and sweet all at once. Perfect in fact. The story line of the song was written for (or about) the Smashing Pumpkins guitarist and is about Heroin Addiction. Everytime I hear it I think of him now.

Jimmy O, Josh and I were in Parker landing quaffing beers after a hard day of thrashing couple of weeks ago and they played it like 3 times while we were in there. I stopped the discussion and pointed it out the first time. The next times Jim noted it. Funny thing was I'd though of JimA a couple of times that very day while hanging off the cliff, thinking he'd like to have been out with us, it wasn't far from his home where we were. Maybe it was the proximity to his home that caused this, as I rarely think of him.

When I go home later the very same day, I pulled the Willamette guidebook off my shelf for the first time since I'd bought it like 8 months or so ago. Was going to see if a site near Detroit I'd found was in there. I'd bought 2 copies of this off Jim after they revised and updated it. Jim's picture was on the cover (clipping some bolts *cough*cough*). I opened it up and he'd penned me a note on the inside cover......pretty strange for all in one day.....

waiting for the worms - pink floyd

worms - the pogues

"The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out

The ones that crawl in are lean and thin

The ones that crawl out are fat and stout

Your eyes fall in and your teeth fall out

Your brains come tumbling down your snout

Be merry my friends

Be merry"