Timmy O'Neill sells Petzl Harnesses!

EWolfe

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive spent the last 7- 8 years in petzl double back harness's and they have served me very very well, exceptional and very adjustable

however with the new Arcteryx Harness r 320 there is no comparison it is hands down the best harness available and the new ice version I will buy next winter

I can fit it in my jacket pocket comes with four full gear loops and a haul point, they actually redesigned the buckle so its quite easy to use instead of just using the same buckle design thats been around for years..what else could I ask for

R-320-Red-Beryl.jpg

The video notes that their "Corax" harness is "adustable".

Any of you own one of them thangs and can verify its adustability?

Yes, the new corax is adjustable - as in it has adjustable leg loops & waist belt is adjustable on either side. (the old corax was adjustable too

Edit - nevermind...didn't see the typo earlier

Edited by hemp22

Arc'teryx R320 is $123 at MEC.

I need a new harness and if they truly are good enough to warrant the price I will consider one. So far I've heard that they don't breath well and that the Petzl Corax II is more comfortable. I'll just have to try them out.

The gear loops are cool with the reversible former.

Edited by hafilax

suppose it depends on what you want it for...I climb more in the mountains so packability and sleekness are more important, since im in the hills padding is not much of a problem because I have so many layers on and I suppose that negates any breathing problems that may be an issue..however I dont think the 4 inches at my waist and two at my leg excesivley sweat ?

from the gym climbing ive done on it the padding is perfect and the breathing through my jeans is fine

I think this is the best harness available for rock climbing..will see how the ice version performs..if I go that route

We had Timmy over to our house for a party after a presentation he was doin at the local university, and that guy doesnt give it a rest. Ever. He is a bit over the top in everything he does and it has gotten very old. Kinda "that guy" at the party

We had Timmy over to our house for a party after a presentation he was doin at the local university, and that guy doesnt give it a rest. Ever. He is a bit over the top in everything he does and it has gotten very old. Kinda "that guy" at the party

i think he's pretty entertaining. It sounds like the entertainer in him doesn't stop. As "that guy" at the party myself, I don't really have a problem with other people like that. :laf:

Funny clip!

-------------

To add to the banter...

My Petzl Hirudos weighs in less than all of the new Arcteryx harness except for one of them (which is a mere few grams lighter). Subtract the hot sweat or icefall spray (when ice climbing) that evaporates right through the mesh Petzl and the Petzl is lighter than all of them.

When I tried on the new arcteryx harnesses, I found the swami's width impeded gymnastic movement.

ya shit..I noticed the weight on the petzl..a few grams lighter, the double back is my thing too..have to look at one close because I do enjoy the Arcteryx packable size and not so much on my last few petzls..

80 beans on the website too...Petzl may have it beat..however I didnt notice the Arcteryx restricting any movement for me