I HAT E MY FUCKING JOB...

RuMR

I don't have hostilities toward you JayB, just the annoying shit you post and the way you go about it.

But I guess since we don't ever pal around in real life, and posting on cc.com is our only interaction, I guess the distinction is somewhat moot.

:moondance:

Hopefully I'll never be asking you for a job. :nurd:

Naturally, I'm quite relieved to hear that, Chuck.

Since this is nothing personal, I'm obliged to inform you that there are several instances of posters making slightly off-topic contributions without the thread author's stated consent in one or more threads in each of the 1597 other pages in this forum, and I expect that you'll bring the same highminded impartiality to the task of retroactively correcting them in those cases where their behavior deviates from your personal standards of etiquette that you displayed here...

PEACE ON SPRAY IS SHORT-LIVED. WE ARE A WAR-LIKE PEOPLE, DESPITE AFFECTATIONS, PONTIFICATIONS, AND PROTESTATIONS TO THE CONTRARY. :battlecage:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me this is less about a highminded concern for the subtleties of spray etiquette, and more about the ways in which Chuck's personal hostilities towards me manifest themselves on the board from time to time.

Do you have a graph or a flow chart you could use to explain this further?

As luck would have it...

7095017-0-large.jpg

i don't always agree w/ jay's posts, but i enjoy their consistent erudite nature and general lack of hateful vitriol - and thread drift's as natural as drunken sorority girls doffing their duds :P

I totally agree with the first part of Ivan's statement.... need to reflect some more on the second part I'm not sure if I'm down wit it.

You talkin' like this? 9acopy.jpg

Cause I might be down.... now about Rudys job......

Now - getting back to Rudy's job situation...

Dude - it sounds like you're probably fairly important to whoever you work for if they're entrusting you with this much responsibility.

If that's the case, I have to think that there's a reasonably high probability that that want to keep you employed there, and avoid subjecting you to a level of stress that'd make you inclined to burn out or seek employment elsewhere. If you can't bring this stuff up with your boss, there's gotta be someone there (HR?) that you can discuss this stuff with and develop a plan to ease the strain a bit.

If not - maybe start working on a plan to take your talents elsewhere? Sometimes even the knowledge that you've got a plan to extricate yourself can make the day-to-day stuff much easier to bear. That was definitely the case for me at a previous job. Once I had a plan, and could see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, both my morale and my performance improved - at least over what they'd have been if I didn't know when it would all end.

Find bliss while keeping the brain active.

Hard to find for most. That's why I like the European model of month long holidays. Just think how you would feel after a month off. I am a contractor at Microsoft and do just that. 100 days off after each year. It reconnects me with what I liked about my job.

Perception is everything.

All that you know is just a variation on basic energy theory.

Call it the big bang, quantum physics, God, or whatever.

We are all just vibrations in a very large stew.

If you are not happy, it will reverbrate into every part of you and make you sick.

Feed your young but don't sacrifice your health.

I like your take on things. My MO is to take a year off after every 6 of working. I still take time off during those six years, but for me it seems I need a full sabbatical every 6 years or so to create new neural pathways...helps me stay out of a rut.

Ever read Po Bronson's book What Should I do with my life? - case studies about people asking the question. It's interesting. Work won't make you happy, nor will a relationship or anything else outside of you...gotta find that peace from within.

Thank you. More people should fall in line. :D

But seriously folks,,,,,,, I get no respect.

I have heard many old people say they wish they had spent less time at work and more with their kids. NEVER the other way around.

Ask a centurion what the secret to old age is and they will usually say "hard work, play a lot, eat your vegetables, and work your brain every day."

Well right about now I could use a little more time at work - I'm at the end of one of my little sabbaticals...and I need a job!

Funny, the university I attended had four year programs for both liberal arts degrees and science degrees.

I went to the same school, and you could get out in 4 years with an engineering degree, but only if everything went to spec. Fail a class, decide you want a minor, decide to do something out of order, or an extended internship and it almost immediately added either a semester or year.

On the flip side Mrs. Selkirk came out in 4 years with BA's in Poli. Sci. and Philosophy and a minor in French mostly because she'd damn smart, but partially because a great deal of her coursework did double duty.

I did it in four. But I attended summer school every year and too 23 credits my last semester (and got a 3.8 that semester; but I lost 15 lbs). If desperate enough, you'll do anything. And baby, I was desperate. Waiting tables and working as a CNA kept me on track--I knew I couldn't do that shit the rest of my life.

Funny, the university I attended had four year programs for both liberal arts degrees and science degrees.

I went to the same school, and you could get out in 4 years with an engineering degree, but only if everything went to spec. Fail a class, decide you want a minor, decide to do something out of order, or an extended internship and it almost immediately added either a semester or year.

On the flip side Mrs. Selkirk came out in 4 years with BA's in Poli. Sci. and Philosophy and a minor in French mostly because she'd damn smart, but partially because a great deal of her coursework did double duty.

I did it in four. But I attended summer school every year and too 23 credits my last semester (and got a 3.8 that semester; but I lost 15 lbs). If desperate enough, you'll do anything. And baby, I was desperate. Waiting tables and working as a CNA kept me on track--I knew I couldn't do that shit the rest of my life.

I got my engineering degree in 11 quarters. Took a couple accounting classes along the way to meet girls.

I got my engineering degree in 11 quarters. Took a couple accounting classes along the way to meet girls.

Whoa accounting classes for chicks? Did your school not have communications as a major? Or are you into chicks that are "talented" and have "good personalities"?