Trad climbing course - April 12/13 - Squamish, BC

Jud

Hi,

I'm looking for one or two people who might be interested in taking a 2-day "learn to trad lead" course with Squamish Rock Guides next weekend, April 12/13, in Squamish, BC.

I really want to take the course, however, SRG requires a minimum of 3 people to run it (max. of 4 people). Presently, there is only one person --me-- but there might be one more, my gym climbing partner.

Full info/details on the course are here: http://www.squamishrockguides.com/trad2.htm

Don't delay...learn to trad lead now so that you can get a jump on the summer! :o (Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with SRG...I just want to take the course, so am looking for others who also might want to also so that the course will be run. If interested, you should register ASAP so that SRG can line up a guide/instructors ASAP for next weekend...)

Cheers,

Jud

judson.berry@sauder.ubc.ca or 604-783-7483 in case anyone has any questions for me...but I'm just an interested climber who wants to learn trad.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned to lead trad from SRG the summer before last and they did an excellent job. For classes they used Metolius gear exclusively, but the guides were happy to recommend other brands to try before assembling your own rack. If the class goes, I recommend reading Craig Leubben's and/or John Long's anchor books beforehand. Heidi Pesterfield's Traditional Lead Climbing has some useful info too, but it's not as good a book.