New MH Packs

Coldfinger

I just got a MH South Col on order and am thinking about the MH Dihedral pack. Any comments or user experience?

I often go solo in Winter and altitude so the South Col really seems to fit, but I wonder about the non-spectra parts durability, The nice part is unlike the White Clouds that it should be waterproof.

The dihedral looks to be a good climbing/ski pack but w/o a very small sleeping bag (Atom?) I wonder if it can do a multiday.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up the South Col, and have been on a few hikes with it while rehabbing from foot surgery. I was skeptical of the hip belt, but 9 miles in a shell jacket with 40 pounds wasn't too bad. I'd imagine with a thicker jacket or additional layer, you'd be fine hauling more.

The pack is not water-proof, but it is water-resistant. The 9 miles was spent in a constant light rain, and I found that the sides and bottom of the pack had some wetness inside (the Cordura parts).

Compression is really nice, and the option to hide the middle straps behind the white panel gives it a clean profile.