work!?

erik

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fish biologist for the Puyallup Tribe. Usually I'm out playing with salmon. I live a very schizophrenic existance; splitting my life between tossing artificial bugs for cutthroat and swatting real ones while placing a nut. Every so often I am trapped behind a desk at which times I am thinkful for this BB and the diversion it provides!

Johnny, my good friend in Missoula has your job. He plays with fish DNA and flyfishes for a living a couple hours a week. The rest of the time he skis. Bastard. I currently work for the man at a software company, but plan to enter the legal profession so I can be like that lawyer in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

I'm a slumlord in Leavenworth, drive a schoolbus during the schoolyear, and build sets for a community theater - never have had a "real" job. Oh, yeah, and play a banjo for a local church choir - go figure...

oh, yeah - and teach a community college course titled "re-inventing yourself" - come visit! I can usually adjust my schedule to accommodate climbing partners...

I work at the Gym in Seattle. It supplements my food and bills while I am in school. I used to climb there alot more before I got a job there. Now when I am done with work I just want to go home, and its the last place I want to be on my day off!

Why am I not out climbing right now? Cause I am too busy blowing off my homework. And all my partners only have weekends off. Some day I fear I will be in their shoes...

I'm a writer. I write and research grant proposals for non-profit organizations when I'm not working on more creative writing projects for myself. It allows me to work at home which I love and I have a flexible schedule so the occasional midweek climb is allowable.

I spent years in school, etc. to get a Ph.D. in the one of the world's coolest subjects and also one of the most worthless!!! Basically, I'm qualified to be an over-educated ditch-digger. On the other hand, I can wake up most mornings laughing my butt off that I actually make a decent living doing this stuff, and on a good year, which is most years these days, I grab more action and adventure than the average Joe will get in a lifetime! And I can climb basically whenever I feel like it! Yee haw! You don't want to know the details because it's too bizarre and everyone thinks I'm making it up when I tell them. Hey! What's for dinner? I'm thirsty!

- Dwayner

P.S. My dress for the office is a Hawaiian shirt and no shoes.

P.P.S.S. Haireball! You rule! You made it happen, my brother, and I respect that!!! I'll be drinkin' one for you at the Engine House tonight!!