FS—REDUCED--Gear, Packs, Bindings, etc.

Coldfinger

Heading for Denali or the big ranges? Many good items cheap.

I will ship to the lower 48 free. I accept Paypal.

Feel free to make reasonable offers.

Thanks!

1. Mountain Hardwear Trance Pack, Black, Size M, Good condition. Weight reduced to around 3lb 4 oz. (ish!) as I removed the lid’s Cordura rope holder and small top-most pocket. Great for peak bagging. $75. REDUCED TO $70.

2. SOLD--BD ATC & Petzl Attache, $25.

3. SOLD--Sierra Designs Microlight Jacket, $15.REDUCED TO $10.

4. SOLD--North Face Base Camp Duffel, Yellow, Size M, good condition. $65. REDUCED TO $60.REDUCED AGAIN $55.

5. SOLD--Outdoor Research Peruvian Hat, $5.

6. SOLD--Stubai Ultralight Freeheel binding. $75. REDUCED to $65.

REDUCED AGAIN $60

7. SOLD--One Full set of DMM Wallnuts, $35.

8. SOLD--BD Ice gloves, $25.

9. SOLD--Two Cobra picks. $40.

10. SOLD--Forty Below overboots $25.

11. SOLD--Ascension 3/4 length 48mm kicker skins, mechanical fastening. SOLD $35.

12. SOLD--Sandisk Sansa 1 GB MP3 player. $10.

Edited by Coldfinger

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t's much easier if I explain it actually....

The binding is two pieces: a composite plate and a rubber plate (the "rubberflexor").

The shiny black piece in the photo is the composite plate, you can just see the flexor underneath it. The toe piece (aluminum) takes three screws that go through both pieces, and the flexor has two sets of screw holes so you can slide it either forward or backward when mounting the screws for either larger or smaller boots. These screw holes are the only place the two plates are attached, the binding depends on them being able to slide freely to put it on.

The rear aluminum piece is attached to the flexor by two wire clips (that can be seen in the photo--they're black), which fit into the flexor in front of and behind the heel piece. It fits in a series of grooves in the flexor, that area of the flexor is much thicker and keeps the clips from damaging the ski.

To put it on you stretch the flexor about an inch rearward by pulling backward, then strap your boot in the same way you would with a crampon.

So... the pivot is probably just behind the rear edge of the front aluminum toe piece. I say probably because the binding has enough give that your toe will lift a bit. I suspect it's actually just in front of the ball of my foot. It has a very comfortable stride.

Edited by Coldfinger