Climbing and surfing in California

getoutside

Hey everyone,

I'm coming down to the southern West Coast from Vancouver, BC on some time off in between jobs. I'm aiming to get down to Santa Cruz for the 4th and will have two weeks or so in which I'm hoping to get some climbing in and some surfing too. Alternatively, some friends of mine are going to Vantage, WA this coming weekend (April 5-7) so I could head there first and meet someone there or get dropped around Seattle on Sunday night to continue on my travels.

I lead sport to 5.11a and just breaking into leading trad (no rack of my own yet). I have my own rope and gear for climbing sport which I may or may not bring down depending on what I've got arranged before I head off from Vancouver. Hoping to ride share for trips while I'm down there, but otherwise may end up taking the train/bus or renting a car...

I'd love to hear about anyone heading on trips to climbing spots in California or even Red Rocks, NV between the 4th and the 20th of April, or if there are any surfers out there, to get some info on good breaks in April (are there any?). I spent a couple of days each in RR and JTree back in mid-February and was at Vantage two weeks ago and am looking forward to getting back out on some rock and enjoy some warm sunny days.

Cheers,

Eddie

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic