Favorite Stevens Passa rea tour?

Blake

I have not done any skiing around Stevens Pass, but I am interested in a short tour from Hwy 2 for Saturday. Based on probable conditions, it would be nice to avoid anything especially avy-prone.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a favorite loop or up-and-back tour? THANKS!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yodelin or Lichtenberg via Smithbrook are nice and reasonably safe. If Avy ends up being really high Yodelin is probably better. If it is moderate Lichtenberg via Yodelin Place is one of my favorites in the area.

Yodelin starts from the Stevens Pass employee parking area/dorm and goes straight up the ridge above. Lots of tree skiing options.

Lichtenberg via Yodelin Place starts in the same lot, but walk across Hwy 2 and then ski down the road which generally parallels 2 before turning left and ascending gently. Stay on the road all the way to the end and tour into the trees. Once you are clear of the houses you can drop down and across the creek. Once you pop out of the trees north of the creek you have lots of options.

Lichtenberg via Smithbrook is access from the pull off at the Smithbrook road. Tour up the road until the hairpin and then keep going straight, eventually bending south towards the summit of Lichtenberg.

Let me know if you need more details.