what a fuckface!!

glassgowkiss

Last night and continuing tonight PBS Frontline (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/) is showing Bush's War, which goes through the details of the falsification of intelligence; ignoring seasoned veterns of the Pentagon, State Department, and Foreign Service; false press leaks, propoganda, and truth twisting used by the administration. Cheney and his office clowns, Rumsfield, and the rest of the necons wanted this war at all costs. There's great interviews with many of the inside players and it makes you wonder how, with a nutcase like this in the White House, an unjustified war could be stopped when Congress was spineless and the press complicit.

Well, we got what the Idiot wanted and what all the experts in his administration warned against.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder where the hard core defenders of the stupid are hiding now? wonder how kk would explain a 120 days wait period for soldiers coming back from the war zone? wonder also how would he explain the fact that almost half of the families of soldiers serving in the war zones are at or below poverty level? maybe he can also explain how does this policy make this country more secure?

Many apologies, I thought you were using the tragic deaths that occurred on 9/11 and somehow relating them to the casualties that are occurring in Iraq. I know many people like to make this comparison, but I don't understand why.

I guess I'm not sure why you brought up the 9/11 casualties at all.

I brought it up because we have willingly sacrificed more lives in Iraq than we lost in the terrorist attacks in the first place. Certainly we've had no more attacks on US soil since then, but would we have if we had not overthrown Hussein? That latter is an open question. The only fact we can be sure of is #deaths (by our choice) has exceeded #deaths on 9/11.

Last night and continuing tonight PBS Frontline (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/) is showing Bush's War, which goes through the details of the falsification of intelligence; ignoring seasoned veterns of the Pentagon, State Department, and Foreign Service; false press leaks, propoganda, and truth twisting used by the administration. Cheney and his office clowns, Rumsfield, and the rest of the necons wanted this war at all costs. There's great interviews with many of the inside players and it makes you wonder how, with a nutcase like this in the White House, an unjustified war could be stopped when Congress was spineless and the press complicit.

And all those out there who voted for him are to blame as well.....could you really not see he was a moron? I could see it and I am a simpleton.

Certainly, the question of "what do we do now" is paramount, KK, but I think "how do we assure we don't make THIS mistake again" is also pretty damn important. Are you suggesting there is no value in discussing how it was that our President was able to get away with what was, even at the time, such a transparent pack of lies?

I'm pretty happy we got rid of Hussein, and ended his regime. At this point however we aren't getting the transition of power we are promised, but a slow bleed.

If you want to keep arguing things that we'll never have common ground on, then enjoy, I will not participate. If you want to try some common ground, then I'm willing.

I want to know how the fuck the next president is going to get us out of there without the country descending into a murderous civil war, and let us reallocate our money elsewhere (like our debt), and stop the death toll.

Of course we are also still in Afghanistan. Just a smaller scale (of lives and money)

I brought it up because we have willingly sacrificed more lives in Iraq than we lost in the terrorist attacks in the first place. Certainly we've had no more attacks on US soil since then, but would we have if we had not overthrown Hussein? That latter is an open question. The only fact we can be sure of is #deaths (by our choice) has exceeded #deaths on 9/11.

This is total BS and a really pathetic reach. There was no evidence that Hussein had any designs on terrorism in the US. He was bottled up quite tight. You don't go in and destroy a country and kick over the beehive using a "just in case" strategy. I want an adult in the White House. Pity is we have to wait another 9 months.

They're all over making laws to shield the telecom companies so they will be willing to help the government spy on citizens in the future. They're all over propping up a giant wall street investment firm that played fast and loose with it's cash so people will be willing to invest in the future.

But when it comes to holding up their end of the contract with the poor dudes that signed on to "save america" in Iraq and Afghanistan but lost on their roll of the dice and are coming back disabled, the government starts acting like a shady insurance company that doesn't want to pay.

This is total BS and a really pathetic reach. There was no evidence that Hussein had any designs on terrorism in the US. He was bottled up quite tight. You don't go in and destroy a country and kick over the beehive using a "just in case" strategy. I want an adult in the White House. Pity is we have to wait another 9 months.

I am not arguing ANYTHING about why we went in or didn't. Sorry. You and MattP can have a circle-jerk on this topic if you want.

I am looking at the costs of this war TODAY, and progress in Iraq over the last 5 years, and I have to say that I agree with the "official" positions of Hillary and Obama that we have to get out of there. McCain is just parroting "stay the course".

But when it comes to holding up their end of the contract with the poor dudes that signed on to "save america" in Iraq and Afghanistan but lost on their roll of the dice and are coming back disabled, the government starts acting like a shady insurance company that doesn't want to pay.

Sorry, dude, but I'm all for giving our veterans all the support they deserve for their service. And I'm sure FW is too. But go ahead an manufacture our supposed positions on these matters and perform gratuitous personal attacks just for the fuck of it.

I am not arguing ANYTHING about why we went in or didn't.

no shithead, you lost your right to argue by voting for him. you still did not answer my question: why is there 120 days wait for the benefits and why over 70 thousand of families of front line soldiers are at or below poverty level?

I am not arguing ANYTHING about why we went in or didn't.

no shithead, you lost your right to argue by voting for him. you still did not answer my question: why is there 120 days wait for the benefits and why over 70 thousand of families of front line soldiers are at or below poverty level?

Bureaucracy? Your bloated government at work? The fuck if I know.

I already said I support giving our vets what they deserve not what they are apparently getting.

r

Sorry, dude, but I'm all for giving our veterans all the support they deserve for their service. And I'm sure FW is too. But go ahead an manufacture our supposed positions on these matters and perform gratuitous personal attacks just for the fuck of it.

like what exactly have you done yourself? have you even sign a single petition? T-A=0

I am not arguing ANYTHING about why we went in or didn't. Sorry. You and MattP can have a circle-jerk on this topic if you want.

I am looking at the costs of this war TODAY, and progress in Iraq over the last 5 years, and I have to say that I agree with the "official" positions of Hillary and Obama that we have to get out of there. McCain is just parroting "stay the course".

I hear you. But just hearing the continued propaganda from the Bushies makes one want to shout LIAR!

Anyway - For now, we're in a dicey position. We've extended ourselves too far and are losing where it counts - in Afganistan - and where the threat is looming in the tribal regions of Pakistan. I think even the most devoted republicans would have to admit we made one of the worst blunders in political calculation with Iraq. It's a mess and there is no good way out. It will haunt us for decades.

I hear you. But just hearing the continued propaganda from the Bushies makes one want to shout LIAR!

Well, I'll admit that his latest speech sounded like a bunch of pathetic, hollow cliches.

Anyway - For now, we're in a dicey position. We've extended ourselves too far and are losing where it counts - in Afganistan - and where the threat is looming in the tribal regions of Pakistan. I think even the most devoted republicans would have to admit we made one of the worst blunders in political calculation with Iraq. It's a mess and there is no good way out. It will haunt us for decades.

I don't know about that (blunder, etc). I think it's a mixed bag, but more negative than positive. But, we should be a hell of a lot farther along getting out of there than we are now. I don't think we can handle 4 more years of "stay the course".

So who are you rooting for? Hillary or Obama?

Obama worries me (lack of experience, unknown quantity), but I've got some optimism that he will do more positive than Hillary. I'm rooting for someone on the D side that I could stomach. McCain is looking pretty flat right now. My hope on his front is that he's just talking the talk that he needs to right now to get the nom from the R's, but then he'll return to his maverick roots and do what needs to be done rather than what is politically expedient or calculated to win the election. I am interested in who these guys pick for running mates and behind the scenes once the nomination is sealed up.