AT ski gear suggestions?

grtmtnchic

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to take advantage of end-of-season deals to put together an AT setup. I have Dynafit boots and am looking at Dynafit bindings, but would like some suggestions on skis. Also, if you've seen any spectacular deals out there anywhere.

Thanks!

Love my Shuksans

I'm trying to take advantage of end-of-season deals to put together an AT setup. I have Dynafit boots and am looking at Dynafit bindings, but would like some suggestions on skis. Also, if you've seen any spectacular deals out there anywhere.

Thanks!

Love my Shuksans

Awesome, thanks - that's one I've been looking at.

I have a pair of Shuksans and Mt. Bakers. :blush: My Shuksans are one step down in ize for what I normally ski, and I use them for long tours wear I start considering weight or spring conditions. I use my Mt. Bakers for single day trips or mid-winter fresh snow. I have Dynafits on both, and use a pair of Mega-Ride boots. I couldn't be happier with both! :cool:

Another :tup: for Shuksans, in all snow conditions. In fairness I have only limited basis for comparison. I want to take a run or two on some Baker (lights?) but am not having much luck finding them as demos.

I've skied on a pair of Shuksans at the resorts and on some longer backcountry trips.

In all of these situations Shuksans rock. :rocken:

I demo'd Shuksans but ended up buying World Piste with Dynafit boots and bindings. A year ago I found some new dynafit bindings with wide brakes on Ebay for $200 and so I looked for skis.

I bought BD Verdicts. They were last years version. The people that I ski with commented that it seemed like I skied better this year. I took credit, but I suspect it is the Verdicts. I am really liking them.