Who sells sticky rubber knee pads?

Anyone know were I can order a sticky rubber knee pad for knee barring? I've seen guys using the adjustable ones. I seemed to remember that a small company out of CO was making them as they are hugely popular with Rifle climbers.

I've tried making my on with slabs of rock shoe rubber but they didn't turn out well.

When I search the net, all I get is knee pads for ultimate fighting.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know were I can order a sticky rubber knee pad for knee barring? I've seen guys using the adjustable ones. I seemed to remember that a small company out of CO was making them as they are hugely popular with Rifle climbers.

I've tried making my on with slabs of rock shoe rubber but they didn't turn out well.

When I search the net, all I get is knee pads for ultimate fighting.

cheater...you prolly use chalk and bolts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Link

I put it on Supertopo, here's yer kneepads !

Rock an Resole in Boulder, $25 per pad ($50 a pair) plus $5 shipping.

I have a medium sized pair coming, mostly for a single potential route. I bought some large gear over the winter and hope to overcome my extreme hatred of wide crack, offwidths and small squeeze chimneys. If anyone has a FA project they want to borrow them for, call me and I'll be your belay bitch as well or if its under 5.11, take a shot at leading if you want to bag off. I may do it anyway if it's harder, but reserve the right to not piss and shit my pants in my advance of not seeing it.

• 2 months later...
Look at 5.11 they are a military (more contractor) oriented company and have some really good ones that are thin and comfy. I have used em and they are the tits.

Is that the company Royal Robbins owns in Modesto? Makes gun holsters too? I didn't find the info with a quick google search, but see a bunch of 5.11 stuff for sale.

Jens,

Just made a pair with much success! I used contact cement (one whole bottle for 2 pads). I think the trick is getting enough cement on both surfaces. The neoprene is rather porous. So, I would start out by applying liberally to the pad. Wait ten minutes. Apply lots of cement to both surfaces where it counts. Wait ten minutes. Carefully line up pad and rubber. Place rubber on pad. Now, drive car onto pad and leave for four or five hours. Remove car. Now you are ready to send! Oh wait. Before sending: save legs, spray on glue, and pull on pad with much effort.