Mountaineers Gym to be open to all?

octopuswithafez

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like they are installing some rad fourth class lines.

The outdoor wall was designed for teaching beginner Mounties climbing technique, so the walls are pretty slabby and well featured, even without holds. There are a couple nice hand and finger cracks, though.

The boulder may be a little more interesting.

MountiesBoulder2.jpg

to bash is so fun! When I was in search and rescue they were a running joke. There would be a report of 1 group of 10 missing and some how two groups = 20 or so would be found. In their defence, I am glad to see city folk trying to enjoy the out doors.

to bash is so fun! When I was in search and rescue they were a running joke. There would be a report of 1 group of 10 missing and some how two groups = 20 or so would be found. In their defence, I am glad to see city folk trying to enjoy the out doors.

Peter_SS location = Bellevue, WA

methinks the average mountie lives more rural than Peter_SS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's weird. In my experience (King & Snohomish counties), most people in SAR and/or mountain rescue are either mounties themselves, or act very "mountie-like." And speaking of "enjoying the outdoors" I see a lot of rolly-polly SAR guys who don't EVER seem to get out, except on missions.

Starting at the bottom of the food chain (and coolness chain) and working up...(scale from 1-100)

100. Mountaineers Organization (leaders and instructors- all branches)

99. Mountaineers Organization members and students

98. Search and Rescue

97. Mountain Rescue

96. NOLS

95. Outward Bound

94. Harry Potter fan clubs

• 1 month later...
As you yourself said, it was the city's decision. Not that you have anything to worry about, I wouldn't get within a hundred miles of these wankers.

PICT0198.sized.jpg

B_SLABS9.JPG

H_BOULDER08.JPG

C_RAPPEL01.JPG

The misrepresentation of the climbing program by posting pics from a Eugene Mountain Rescue FT and a Mountaineers Scrambling FT (both of which have nothing to do with the climbing program) is a really classy touch. Are you ignorant of where those photos come from or are you just looking to cause problems?

i need at least a season to prep for that thing...

I suspect you'll need more time than that. Just out of curiosity, are you the fat guy or the goofy dork with the big nips in this pic?

FATTY.jpg

Starting at the bottom of the food chain (and coolness chain) and working up...(scale from 1-100)

100. Mountaineers Organization (leaders and instructors- all branches)

99. Mountaineers Organization members and students

98. Search and Rescue

97. Mountain Rescue

96. NOLS

95. Outward Bound

94. Harry Potter fan clubs

Somebody sounds like a Mazama

• 2 weeks later...
As you yourself said, it was the city's decision. Not that you have anything to worry about, I wouldn't get within a hundred miles of these wankers.

PICT0198.sized.jpg

B_SLABS9.JPG

H_BOULDER08.JPG

C_RAPPEL01.JPG

The misrepresentation of the climbing program by posting pics from a Eugene Mountain Rescue FT and a Mountaineers Scrambling FT (both of which have nothing to do with the climbing program) is a really classy touch. Are you ignorant of where those photos come from or are you just looking to cause problems?

i need at least a season to prep for that thing...

I suspect you'll need more time than that. Just out of curiosity, are you the fat guy or the goofy dork with the big nips in this pic?

FATTY.jpg

hey asshat...neither of those ass clowns are me...nice try though...