Mount Rainier..who's in?

Joe Ranger

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about a hike up to Camp muir on Sat.

As for what route this summer, I don't know yet. I have two newbies for my Army unit that want to go. I perfer to go with some more experience climbers, but can't just shuck them aside. So I was looking at two teams. So if you guys are still interested I can use all the help I can get.

Edited by Joe Ranger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are headed to Rainier Saturday for a quick go over of some basic mountaineering and crevasse rescue. Should be a easy hike up to a close by cornice. If you want to join in shoot me an email for time and link up location

Edited by Joe Ranger

Thinking about a hike up to Camp muir on Sat.

As for what route this summer, I don't know yet. I have two newbies for my Army unit that want to go. I perfer to go with some more experience climbers, but can't just shuck them aside. So I was looking at two teams. So if you guys are still interested I can use all the help I can get.

I'm interested. I should start getting weekends off soon too. Are you active army? I'm at Lewis and would be interested in meeting some other soldiers to climb with.

Joe Ranger pm sent. Anyone looking at making a summit bid this weekend/into next week? I am out in the area and haven't been able to find anyone yet who is up for some climbing. Looking at doing the Kautz route, or maybe Gib ledges.

Joe Ranger pm sent. Anyone looking at making a summit bid this weekend/into next week? I am out in the area and haven't been able to find anyone yet who is up for some climbing. Looking at doing the Kautz route, or maybe Gib ledges.

Goodluck making the summit this weekend

i am heading to rainier on juy2 -7th... my group from wisconsin just bailed because we could not coordinate dates..i have soloed mt hood and summitted adams. i am hoping to find a few partners to head up on july 3,4 and 5th...it would be great to find a group...thanks alot....rich..call if you can help...608-884-8725.

Edited by clutchie