Ode to Thai Tom

Blake

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have alway had a deep love affair with Tup Tim Thai on lower Queen Anne. He really knows how to treat a guy.

Was just going to say, my favorite name for a Thai restaurant is Tup Tim Thai.

Mmm, Thai food. Could eat it every day. It's what's for dinner.

I've never eaten there, but that's pretty funny. Its a sure bet that I'll order the Panang at any Thai restaurant that has it, just like I'll usually order the Chile Relleno: one of those dishes by which to judge the establishment.

Amen on the Chile Relleno.

Best ever is at Cuchina Esperanza at the very end of 85th street. They have two types. If you try the "traditional" first, your mouth will come and you will forever be faithful to that dish.

They don't take reservations and the service is pleasingly slow. I love it there.

I'll pitch a third vote for Tup Tim Thai. "The Ave" seems have a few other good ones. In particular, there is a small vegatarian Thai restaurant between 45th and 47th on the west side of the street. Good stuff.

I can't recall which one is "Thai Tom," but if it's just up the street from the Vegatarian one I just mentioned (45th-47th), I'd say its food is just OK. Hot, fast, etc... But it seems to be all the same in taste, and they don't make fresh spring rolls. They are cashing in on its hipness more than the food quality. IMO.

Thanks for the tip Arch. Down south, in Centralia, is La Tarrasca. The family comes from Michoacan, they have a limited menu, but Mama's recipes are killer, and the Chile Relleno is so good it convinced my 14 year old daughter that she likes them. That'd be exit 81, turn left, stay right, on your left, for those on the I-5 circuit.